Ford Recall of 3 million vehicles!

Same old Ford. Mach-E, and Bronco's recalled and now this. Ford has a serious quality problem and can't seem to get a handle on it.

Update.....Gas powered Mustangs recalled too. Just keeps getting better.

https://jalopnik.com/manual-mustangs-recalled-for-confused-shift-sensor-1849060124?utm_campaign=Jalopnik&utm_content=1655238582&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

Edited by coupe3w
update

i don´t want to offend  anyone, but it seems to me that the Mulally era brought a lot of problems over the years.

For example, here in Argentina no one wants Ecoboost engines, they are very problematic, no one wants them out of warranty. 

It´s a shame what they have done in recent years with the goon reputation that Ford Had. 

31 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

i don´t want to offend  anyone, but it seems to me that the Mulally era brought a lot of problems over the years.

For example, here in Argentina no one wants Ecoboost engines, they are very problematic, no one wants them out of warranty. 

It´s a shame what they have done in recent years with the goon reputation that Ford Had. 

Other than the well publicized coolant issue, what problems are you seeing?

I am rather fond of a phrase spoken by the character Senor Manetta (played by the actor Adolfo Celi) in the 1966 film "Grand Prix," in which he says to Formula One race car driver Pete Aron (played by actor James Garner) "I have absolute faith in every car which leaves this factory."

Right now, it doesn't appear that they do, but wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone in a senior management position connected with vehicle production at Ford, from Jim Farley down to the plant managers, lived, slept, and breathed this same mantra?

I sure hope they will!  There is too much at stake here not to. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Extreme right wing reporting is no better then extreme left wing reporting

Wow, that's a very moderate comment. Why can't you just pick a side and fight like everyone else. Just kidding. Couldn't agree more. ?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Hmmm.  They've been building cars since 1903 and we still have this issue?  

That's correct Joe771476. It's reflective of Ford's corporate culture that tolerates making the same mistakes over and over.

Jim Hackett's and Jim Farley's efforts to get Ford "fit" are making progress to address this problem, but with nearly 120 years of dysfunction, culture change at Ford isn't going to happen overnight.

42 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

That's correct Joe771476. It's reflective of Ford's corporate culture that tolerates making the same mistakes over and over.

Jim Hackett's and Jim Farley's efforts to get Ford "fit" are making progress to address this problem, but with nearly 120 years of dysfunction, culture change at Ford isn't going to happen overnight.

Progress? Ford's quality issues continue on a daily basis with constant announcements of new recalls, delivery holds, etc. It's ironic thinking about Ford's "Quality is Job #1" marketing campaigns for so many years and how little things have changed. The related recall and quality issues are costing Ford billions of dollars each year and yet nothing has changed.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Not going to happen overnight? LOL It's been going on for years, year after year. Has anyone been fired for this? The whole quality department is responsible and nothing has changed, absolutely nothing. It may even be getting worse

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Not going to happen overnight? LOL It's been going on for years, year after year. Has anyone been fired for this? The whole quality department is responsible and nothing has changed, absolutely nothing. It may even be getting worse

Yeah, the bad valves in the 2.7 ecoboost that has been on the market for 8 years, contactors on the Mach E coming in at the low end of spec and failing, gear sensor on mustang, the roll away recall expansion.  I’ve still got a recall or two outstanding on the Aviator for the rear camera and screen.  Seems like excessive cost cutting coming back to bite them.  Hopefully someone is keeping track of how much the recalls are costing and determining whether there was any actual cost savings.  As a consumer, this is ridiculous.  I understand a few things will slip through the cracks, but there is more slipping through than there should be for the supposed focus on quality and reducing recalls.

How much would Ford have saved on the 2.7 valves?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, slemke said:

How much would Ford have saved on the 2.7 valves?

Who said the valve problem was due to cost cutting?  Even airplanes get bad parts sometimes.

I do agree Ford isn’t willing to spend the money or time to fix all the quality issues and it’s frustrating.  I think Farley wants to fix it but I don’t think he’s willing to make it priority 1.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

Who said the valve problem was due to cost cutting?  Even airplanes get bad parts sometimes.

I do agree Ford isn’t willing to spend the money or time to fix all the quality issues and it’s frustrating.  I think Farley wants to fix it but I don’t think he’s willing to make it priority 1.

It was mentioned in the Ford Authority article quoted in the original thread:https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive

As some are already aware, part of the problem with these 2.7L powerplants is that they utilize cheaper, sub-optimal valves that were acquired from a new supplier that apparently didn’t properly validate those particular components”

He may have been given bad information.  I do recall him setting better quality/fewer recalls/lower warranty costs as a priority and a way to reduce expenses.  Besides, I doubt he signs off on each purchasing decision.  This was likely made at a lower level and rolled up in some presentation with other cost reductions.  It will be those decisions that he should question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, slemke said:

It was mentioned in the Ford Authority article quoted in the original thread:https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive

As some are already aware, part of the problem with these 2.7L powerplants is that they utilize cheaper, sub-optimal valves that were acquired from a new supplier that apparently didn’t properly validate those particular components”

Is this Fords fault or the suppliers? Maybe both! Doesn't Ford send quality teams to the supplier to verify quality and that processes are in place to catch defects? This is why I blame Ford for not doing a good job on quality. They have to keep on top of these suppliers or they will lose control.