New Escape With No Camo

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I guess I differ from most here in that I think it looks a lot better than the outgoing model.

But, I do agree that the lightbar is unnecessary and seems forced though.

2023 Ford Escape

2023 Ford Escape

It looks like it went back a generation back instead of a update honestly...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, akirby said:

No matter what you do to it, it’s still a commodity product.  But with HEV and PHEV availability it can still sell 15k without huge incentives.

Perhaps a touch more profitable than Mach E which is now beak even….

31 minutes ago, paintguy said:

Hmm, preserves current generation European metrosexual look and adds in some Chinese "weirdness". 

In another thread topic, several members of this site expressed preference for the "weirdness" of the Chinese/Taiwanese Escape over the "boredom" of the U.S. spec model.

2 hours ago, BoomerSooner said:

Is it just me, or does the new nose give it a faintly Subaru-ish look?  Not a criticism, as almost anything would be an improvement over the current nose (full disclosure: my wife drives a '20 Escape Titanium Hybrid).

no, I actually do see the same if I don’t directly look at it - at a glance it’s Subaruish.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Too much roof slope; borderline 5-door hatchback.  Not necessarily a bad thing but more S(u)V than SUV.

Fine, then don't buy it. If you like the box the Escape came in, the Bronco Sport is right for you.

Hopefully, the interior will get a major update. Maybe they can give it the powertrain of the Corsair PHEV.

I would consider it, but will probably buy its EV successor.

Not meaning to be a whinge bag but I was kind of hoping for more Edge Explorer type front.

In fact, lengthen Escape wheelbase by 2” and widen it by 2” and you’d have close to an Edge replacement….

2021 Ford Edge se-2wd

Mind you I am also partial to the Corsair’s styling too…

image.thumb.jpeg.a08e558edea6d2bae9400dbaeb82dd06.jpeg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I like moving the emblem from the nose to the grill.  If you've noticed, Hyundai is doing lots of silly lights on the front.  They must appeal to some people and Ford is competing.  I don't care for it myself, but Ford will sell whatever people are buying.  ?

On 6/17/2022 at 2:18 PM, ESP08 said:

Oh geez, I bet they are going to start doing that to bring some continuity with the EVs.  

1 hour ago, sirfnahi said:

I'm wondering if the lightbar is going to be just found on higher end models?

Some of you should try reading the comments before commenting.

9FA520B3-24CF-4A4F-A1DE-01650C71DAAC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 1:58 PM, ANTAUS said:

Yes Hyundais grill have this series of little lights running throughout the grill.  Makes me wonder 5 years from now, how many of those will age when a few stop working.

It looks ok, there are days where I love how it looks, and other days where I'm mixed in it. Saw a Sante Cruz about a week ago, was very distinct. But I think the more restrained Maverick's design will age more gracefully. Overstyled designs look great for a few years, but tend to look terrible a decade or so later.

• Like 2