New Escape With No Camo

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Some of you should try reading the comments before commenting.

9FA520B3-24CF-4A4F-A1DE-01650C71DAAC.jpeg

I'm sorry I increased your daily mouse clicks.  In the meantime, I will comment when something occurs to me and if another poster has made a similar comment so be it. 

Perhaps you should get over yourself

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ESP08 said:

I'm sorry I increased your daily mouse clicks.  In the meantime, I will comment when something occurs to me and if another poster has made a similar comment so be it. 

Perhaps you should get over yourself

I admit it’s a pet peeve, but it’s also not good for the forum to have things repeated over and over, especially when it’s only 2 or 3 pages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Lighting bars across the width of the front end is nothing new for Ford....they did that style treatment to Mercury Sable and Tracer for a bit...

image.thumb.png.1f74fae928dd7786db3c40f9fe69fb53.png

image.thumb.png.81f11e0f317ed40b0b683877df20d109.png

may least those were intended to be that way.  Same for the Lightning

this one on the escape looks like they finished the design and someone came in and said “make it look ‘cool’ with a lightbar” and they just tacked it on.  It doesn’t really go with the design.

I guess I am an outlier, but I think it looks really good.  The new front is much better than the current Escape, and the lightbar doesn't bother me (although it could be a little better integrated into the design).  

The back looks light a very slight tweak (taillights) compared to the current model, but losing all the black plastic gives it a more premium feel.  Hopefully other trims get body-colored lower panels as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would have thought Escape Timberline was the more appropriate name for the US market given its use on Explorer.

But a more rugged looking Escape is probably just what the doctor ordered to cure Escape's generally lackluster product appeal. It's a good car just needed better details and package (like getting rid of the huge expanse of black plastic and upgrade some interior materials). I don't know if there is a word for it but "un-cheapening" - i.e. usually opposite of what Ford does on midcycle facelift is a good idea to keep this model going until the EV arrives. 

Edited by bzcat

On 6/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, ANTAUS said:

Yes Hyundais grill have this series of little lights running throughout the grill.  Makes me wonder 5 years from now, how many of those will age when a few stop working.

My family had an '86 Mercury Sable LS with the constantly-burning-out bulbs in the lightbar.  Looked cool when it worked. 

It would be a real surprise if Ford made an Escape ST with 2.3 from Corsair. No new engineering required... just enough conviction from Farley that something like that will pay for itself.

But I have a feeling that Farley would rather do a Bronco Sport Thunder (or whatever sub-Raptor 4x4 performance label that is supposed to be equivalent to ST).

53 minutes ago, bzcat said:

It would be a real surprise if Ford made an Escape ST with 2.3 from Corsair. No new engineering required... just enough conviction from Farley that something like that will pay for itself.

But I have a feeling that Farley would rather do a Bronco Sport Thunder (or whatever sub-Raptor 4x4 performance label that is supposed to be equivalent to ST).

I thought the Corsair PHEV powertrain was a no brainer for a range topping Bronco Sport.  Leave Escape to be the MPG leader.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Most everyone thinks it's an 'ST Line', i.e. the visual bits of an ST but not the performance upgrades.

That's what the badge says on the one spotted rolling around Dearborn.

image.thumb.png.3727c14f828c7f3fda42c61f2851a733.png

Compared with this one on a Kuga ST-Line (photo credit Ford):

image.thumb.png.0ae39152344e48908ded433d6559cb67.png

Someone also mentioned Corsair’s rotary shifter might be going into that new model,

maybe more Corsair under the skin than we realise?

As others have said, an Escape ST with Corsair drive line and certain cabin bits would be

a good reuse of existing tech and low cost to develop….

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2