$1 million worth of Ford Raptors stolen

14 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

The lots have reinforced gates and some have one way grates, they drive them through the fences or out the back of the lots

Time for some fences stronger than chain link. One way in and the only way to leave is either on a truck or train. Why stick with a system that costs millions in shrinkage? That's stupid, no other industry would ever settle for that. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Time for some fences stronger than chain link. One way in and the only way to leave is either on a truck or train. Why stick with a system that costs millions in shrinkage? That's stupid, no other industry would ever settle for that. 

Totally unacceptable and should NOT be happening. Ford needs to tighten up the security! Bottom line! 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Could add a tire shredding mechanism to the entry and exit gates also. It won't stop them but it would make it really hard to steal multiple vehicles

15 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Speaking of stolen pickup trucks, NICB reported a few days ago that Chevy full size pickups were more popular among thieves than Ford full size pickups in 2021. Chevrolet and Ford Full Size Pick-Ups Most Stolen Vehicles For Second Year in a Row | National Insurance Crime Bureau (nicb.org)

Hot%20Wheels%202022_Key%20Takeaways.png

Thats just the law of percentages there. Full size pickups are by far the largest segment on the road so of course they'll be the biggest target. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I’m surprised that they don’t put a big ditch inside the fence line so it’s impossible to just drive through fences. High security gates could also incorporate devices like anti vehicle posts that prevent access to the gates. Ford has lots of dollars, they just need to understand by doing what I suggested, their theft  insurance premiums  becomes way less, maybe unnecessary……. 

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I’m surprised that they don’t put a big ditch inside the fence line so it’s impossible to just drive through fences. High security gates could also incorporate devices like anti vehicle posts that prevent access to the gates. Ford has lots of dollars, they just need to understand by doing what I suggested, their theft  insurance premiums  becomes way less, maybe unnecessary……. 

it happened again last night 

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2022/10/13/police-chase-ends-with-suspect-jumping-off-i-75-overpass-in-brownstown-township/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Looks like more Mustangs got stolen last night. 

4CC7A311-ABD3-422E-8105-FAF44A1EE294.jpeg

I can do without the last line of this press release, which makes it feel like he was a victim.  These are typically organized theft rings that utilize minors because the limited criminal penalties for minors.  He’s no victim.  

Ford needs to get there shit together on securing these lots.  This is ridiculous.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, tbone said:

I can do without the last line of this press release, which makes it feel like he was a victim.  These are typically organized theft rings that utilize minors because the limited criminal penalties for minors.  He’s no victim.  

They have to include that in an attempt to stave off the lawsuit. I, for one, don’t want a dime of my tax dollars (in this case, literally my tax dollars. I live in Brownstown) going to this dude in any fashion or form. 

please note I’m heavily censoring myself here, I’m not happy about this at all. 

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They have to include that in an attempt to stave off the lawsuit. I, for one, don’t want a dime of my tax dollars (in this case, literally my tax dollars. I live in Brownstown) going to this dude in any fashion or form. 

I understand, lol.  Perhaps don't steal a car and then jump off a bridge when you get caught, and you won’t get hurt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can see that.

As with most things delinquent juveniles often make poor choices, actions have consequences….

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, tbone said:

I wondered what was taking so long to get my Raptor, lol.  

How the heck was this transaction able to completed without a title?  I’m curious about the details of this.  

It usually means the buyer knew it was stolen.  But maybe they had fake documents or some other plausible story.  Or maybe the dealerf is just an idiot.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It usually means the buyer knew it was stolen.  But maybe they had fake documents or some other plausible story.  Or maybe the dealerf is just an idiot.

Or maybe they were just greedy, thinking how much profit they were about to make flipping a Raptor with 2,000 miles on the clock.