2022 F250 Key?

I just learned that my 2022 F250 Lariat will not be coming with the promised/featured push button start, and instead will have a key.

While I am not happy to learn about this, what really baffles me is no one seems to know what it will come with.

Anyone with a similar vehicle that could enlighten me?

Please tell me its not a switch blade type key...

When I finally received my window sticker it wasn't listed.  So I looked into it and it's only available if you get the lariat ultimate package which is unavailable unless you get the crew cab.

Since we had length constraints we got the super cab.  I was told it still came with the push to start.  And since it had everything else even remote start, I assume the dealer was right.

Even cheap Hyundai's and Kia's are coming with push to start now.

Right now I just want to know what I am getting.

I ordered two 2022 models. The first was a SCSB and got it as loaded as possible.  Lariats value is the highest trim package you can get and it does not come with the push button start. It also does not come with the LED option which seems really shortsighted to me. I added the higher trim and LEDs etc to a CCSB which was delivered. The first order is five days short of one year and still in production. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I ordered two 2022 models. The first was a SCSB and got it as loaded as possible.  Lariats value is the highest trim package you can get and it does not come with the push button start. It also does not come with the LED option which seems really shortsighted to me. I added the higher trim and LEDs etc to a CCSB which was delivered. The first order is five days short of one year and still in production. 

This is your answer.  It was never going to come with push/start to begin with.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

On 6/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, bshort said:

This is your answer.  It was never going to come with push/start to begin with.  

Call me "old school" but I'm hoping mine comes with a key LOL....F-350 CCSB Lariat value package

My XLT premium came with a switchblade key. It also can be remote started via Ford Pass. 

I figured out how to start the truck with the A/C on full blast via the cell phone app. Having this, I don't really have a problem not having a fob start or push button start. Especially since I didn't want a crew cab. I sometimes think we super cab folks are the red haired  step child of the Super Duty world.

1 hour ago, Radio said:

My XLT premium came with a switchblade key. It also can be remote started via Ford Pass. 

I figured out how to start the truck with the A/C on full blast via the cell phone app. Having this, I don't really have a problem not having a fob start or push button start. Especially since I didn't want a crew cab. I sometimes think we super cab folks are the red haired  step child of the Super Duty world.

You don’t have regular remote start?

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

You don’t have regular remote start?

If by that you mean a button on a fob, or the key, no I don't have that. I don't miss it. I only use Ford Pass remote start on the most extreme hot or cold days. Otherwise I just get in the truck and crank it with a key like I have been since 1972. 

The truck is an XLT Premium Super Cab, FWTW

Edited by Radio

41 minutes ago, Radio said:

If by that you mean a button on a fob, or the key, no I don't have that. I don't miss it. I only use Ford Pass remote start on the most extreme hot or cold days. Otherwise I just get in the truck and crank it with a key like I have been since 1972. 

The truck is an XLT Premium Super Cab, FWTW

I see now - it’s optional on all XL, XLT and Lariat super duties.

It was standard on my F150 XLT 302a.