"In production" but "produced"

My F350 1FT8W3BT4NEE76515 was to be built last week batch 6512 #46 of 680. It is still showing in production, dealer can't provide anymore than its in production, Ford customer service tells me it's primary status is "in production" and the secondary status is " produced" and really couldn't give me any more information.  Is there anyone that can help me get further information on what the dealy is?

Screenshot_20220622-073625_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-073632_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Edited by 79broncoguy

4 hours ago, 79broncoguy said:

Thank you Akirby, I really appreciate the time and help.

My salesman will only say it is "in production" and we will get the build email at any time 

How about requesting a print out from the VVR. I received this information weekly.

15 hours ago, Johnny Yarbrough said:

So the VVR shows why it is on hold or what’s holding up shipping? 

The Vehicle Visibility Report will include a notation if the vehicle is on "Micro Chip Hold" or on a transportation related delay.

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2

Anyway to get a copy of the VVR with out the dealer. My sales guy was off today so talked to the sales manger today and he was saying it was just "under production" and what Ford Customer service told me was not true. He also said it's not unusal for them to show under production for at least 2 to 6 weeks before they will be noted as a chip hold or other type of hold?

On 6/22/2022 at 10:11 PM, 79broncoguy said:

Anyway to get a copy of the VVR with out the dealer. My sales guy was off today so talked to the sales manger today and he was saying it was just "under production" and what Ford Customer service told me was not true. He also said it's not unusal for them to show under production for at least 2 to 6 weeks before they will be noted as a chip hold or other type of hold?

Total Dealer BS! Sounds like the Dealer is too lazy and can't even be bothered to look at the Vehicle Visibility Report in order to give an accurate, factual answer to your request. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, 79broncoguy said:

This is why customers need a way to get accurate and timely information directly from Ford.    There are far too many lazy or incompetent dealerships.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Monoman said:

This is why customers need a way to get accurate and timely information directly from Ford.    There are far too many lazy or incompetent dealerships.   

I taka a contrary view, so couldn't disagree more.

As customers, we purchase from the dealer, not Ford. Therefore, the onus is on the dealer to provide customer service. Expecting Ford to provide accurate and timely information directly to each customer, is dealing with a symptom, rather than the root cause of the problem. This has always been a highly ineffective problem-solving technique. Lots of great dealers out there, as customers, we need to be just as diligent researching dealer communications, as we do price.

When purchasing a truck, we all discuss price, but how many also discuss the dealer's customer service. How many ask the dealer about receiving regular updates and what information the dealer will share. We the customer, have the money, and can hold dealers accountable by doing our homework and only using dealers that provide exceptional customer service. Yes, before signing the order, I discussed communications with my Sales Manager, who advised he would assign a salesman to provide weekly updates, which include a VVR print-out.

However, I'll suggest very few have discussed and agreed what information the dealer will provide, prior to signing the order. Many customers shop solely on price.

If we are not informed consumers and don't complete due diligence by thoroughly researching the dealer, why should Ford be required to bail us out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I taka a contrary view, so couldn't disagree more.

As customers, we purchase from the dealer, not Ford. Therefore, the onus is on the dealer to provide customer service. Expecting Ford to provide accurate and timely information directly to each customer, is dealing with a symptom, rather than the root cause of the problem. This has always been a highly ineffective problem-solving technique. Lots of great dealers out there, as customers, we need to be just as diligent researching dealer communications, as we do price.

When purchasing a truck, we all discuss price, but how many also discuss the dealer's customer service. How many ask the dealer about receiving regular updates and what information the dealer will share. We the customer, have the money, and can hold dealers accountable by doing our homework and only using dealers that provide exceptional customer service. Yes, before signing the order, I discussed communications with my Sales Manager, who advised he would assign a salesman to provide weekly updates, which include a VVR print-out.

However, I'll suggest very few have discussed and agreed what information the dealer will provide, prior to signing the order. Many customers shop solely on price.

If we are not informed consumers and don't complete due diligence by thoroughly researching the dealer, why should Ford be required to bail us out.

I agree somewhat with your viewpoint but you are really just shifting the blame to the customer.  "Buyer beware" is always in play but it still doesn't really address the issue of some dealers being lazy or incompetent.  I doubt most people ask about communications and timelines.  Most folks go to 1 or a 2 dealers and make a deal within a few days.  The customer (and Ford) expects the dealer to be competent and not lazy.

Lets say they do ask all of the right questions.  What happens in when the dealer says everything you want to hear but fails to deliver on those promises?  Even if it is in writing.  Do you cancel your order, get your money back, and start over with another dealer?  Now you're in the back of the line again or worse you have to wait for the next model year order bank to open.    The customer gets punished and the dealer still gets the vehicle to sell .. .yes cancelled orders still get delivered and these days a vehicle on the lot can make them more money.    So what should the customer do? 

In a perfect world this would never happen.  Ford could (and might) make some changes to motivate bad dealers to do better. Maybe they will.  Asking Ford to make the same accurate and timely information available to customers is not bailing the customer out.  If anything, it is a bailout for the bad dealers. 

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

I agree somewhat with your viewpoint but you are really just shifting the blame to the customer.  "Buyer beware" is always in play but it still doesn't really address the issue of some dealers being lazy or incompetent.  I doubt most people ask about communications and timelines.  Most folks go to 1 or a 2 dealers and make a deal within a few days.  The customer (and Ford) expects the dealer to be competent and not lazy.

Lets say they do ask all of the right questions.  What happens in when the dealer says everything you want to hear but fails to deliver on those promises?  Even if it is in writing.  Do you cancel your order, get your money back, and start over with another dealer?  Now you're in the back of the line again or worse you have to wait for the next model year order bank to open.    The customer gets punished and the dealer still gets the vehicle to sell .. .yes cancelled orders still get delivered and these days a vehicle on the lot can make them more money.    So what should the customer do? 

In a perfect world this would never happen.  Ford could (and might) make some changes to motivate bad dealers to do better. Maybe they will.  Asking Ford to make the same accurate and timely information available to customers is not bailing the customer out.  If anything, it is a bailout for the bad dealers. 

Unfortunately, bad dealers survive because not enough customers do sufficient research and ask the correct questions. The days of purchasing most vehicles off a dealer's lot are over. Dealers have to change to a new predominate "Retail" business model, but so does the customer.

When I am spending upwards of $100K, you can bet I am completing my due diligence, and it isn't a quick decision.

Even informed customers, who asked the correct question and did thorough research can get fleeced by bad dealers. This is where social media can assist in identifying both the good and bad dealers. If a dealer doesn't follow through on promises, then yes, the customer has a tough decision to make.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloralIndustries said:

If Ford wants to do the "direct to consumer" for their EV line of vehicles, then they need to significantly improve their customer communication & order status processes.  The communications are abysmal at best for their current custom orders.

With dealers controlling their order banks all Ford can tell you is whether it’s been scheduled or not.  They can’t tell you when it will get selected even without the supply chain complications.   In order to do that what they have to do (and I think what Farley intends to do) is eliminate dealer allocations altogether - when you place your order it’s scheduled for production immediately (or via reservations).  First in first out regardless of dealer.  Might be 4 weeks or 4 mo this but you’ll have a target and since Ford is 100% in control of orders and production they can give you updates.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:39 PM, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility Report will include a notation if the vehicle is on "Micro Chip Hold" or on a transportation related delay.

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold.jpg

Dealer sent me a copy of the VVR report . Primary status in production. But I did get a email from Ford showing built 5/23 . Will call back customer service next week .