Order Questions

DonB

First time posting here. Been lurking for the last six months.

I ordered a 2022 Ranger XLT Supercab FX4 302A Trailer package Spray in Liner & Black step rails in Hot Pepper Red on 02/21/2022.

The order was confirmed by Ford within the hour. On 04/07/2022 the delay notice came in my email.

Order #6644 if that matters.

Haven't heard squat from Ford since and I've called twice now and received no joy.

Not saying I'm at my wits end, but pretty sure I'm getting there slowly.

Will it get kicked over to a 2023? Price protection?  Will it be canceled by Ford?

I got a million questions and no answers. My biggest is when?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks for letting me bother you folks.

37 minutes ago, DonB said:

First time posting here. Been lurking for the last six months.

I ordered a 2022 Ranger XLT Supercab FX4 302A Trailer package Spray in Liner & Black step rails in Hot Pepper Red on 02/21/2022.

The order was confirmed by Ford within the hour. On 04/07/2022 the delay notice came in my email.

Order #6644 if that matters.

Haven't heard squat from Ford since and I've called twice now and received no joy.

Not saying I'm at my wits end, but pretty sure I'm getting there slowly.

Will it get kicked over to a 2023? Price protection?  Will it be canceled by Ford?

I got a million questions and no answers. My biggest is when?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks for letting me bother you folks.

Why aren’t you bothering your dealer?  They not only control your priority and therefore your place in THEIR order queue but they know all commodity constraints.  Ford is not going to be able to tell you something until it’s selected for build.

Call your dealer!!!

DonB, I ordered my Ranger on 2/21/22 too, and my dealer told me 3-6 month wait time, I'm in the middle of that but my Ranger should be built in the next few weeks and hopefully I'm driving it by the end of July. Like akirby stated, I would be sitting down with your sales person or the sales manager and get some answers. VVR is the Vehicle Visibility Report and the dealers have 24/7 access to it and it will give you all the info on your truck order. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonB said:

What's that? I'm not a Ford dealer. I simply asked questions. Sorry I pissed you off. 

I think it stands for Vehicle Visibility Report, what dealers call a "Vincent". I think. Your dealer would know what that means, though, if you asked to see it. The dealer should give you more than, "It's on hold."  

Edit: Somehow I missed @Jerry52's reply explaining what a VVR is. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Label said:

I think it stands for Vehicle Visibility Report, what dealers call a "Vincent". I think. Your dealer would know what that means, though, if you asked to see it. The dealer should give you more than, "It's on hold."  

Edit: Somehow I missed @Jerry52's reply explaining what a VVR is. 

The Vehicle Visibility Report and Vincent are two entirely different things. The Vehicle Visibility Report includes order history, scheduling, production and shipping related information and status updates. The SMART Vincent program involves finance and incentives for retail and/or lease transactions including Ford Credit retail or lease financing, etc. The SMART Vincent program also has functions to lock in incentives and price protection.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DonB said:

They said the vvr is non-existent because this unit has not been picked to build yet

Dealer BS! The Vehicle Visibility Report is created and becomes active the moment the order is submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). The initial report will show the order status and the original order date. The Vehicle Visibility system archives the entire order history and includes all order, scheduling, production and shipping information status updates through the vehicle delivery to the dealership. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility Report and Vincent are two entirely different things. The Vehicle Visibility Report includes order history, scheduling, production and shipping related information and status updates. The SMART Vincent program involves finance and incentives for retail and/or lease transactions including Ford Credit retail or lease financing, etc. The SMART Vincent program also has functions to lock in incentives and price protection.

Thus my insistence on the use of the word "think" haha! Thanks!

4 hours ago, DonB said:

They said the vvr is non-existent because this unit has not been picked to build yet

Total BS. My dealer provided weekly updates and sent a copy of the VVR.

Please take the time to read many of the threads on this forum to gain a full understanding of the process. You purchased from a dealer, make them provide you with customer service. The dealers has all the information available 24/7.

I would also be asking how many orders they have ahead of yours and checking how your priority code changes, which is an indication if your dealer is managing their USOB effectively.

• ice-capades changed the title to Order Questions
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 10:14 AM, DonB said:

Just got the email showing a production week of 8/8 and a VIN.

Thanks for yelling at me AKIRBY, I know that finally pushed it over the edge.

He wasn’t yelling at you. He was giving you good advice. The dealer is your point of contact. You’re paying them. Make them do their jobs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1