New to me F150

brucelinc

I recently picked up this Certified 2018 F150 to replace my old 2001 Ranger.   It is an XLT with 302a package, 2.7, Nav and towing package.    At first the F150 seemed huge compared to the Ranger but it does become more manageable as I get more accustomed to it.  It does take up a lot of garage space, though!    I could never understand why anyone would want an F150 as a daily driver or commuting vehicle.   I now understand a bit better.   The ride, quiet and overall comfort is amazingly good considering the bulk.   I still would have preferred a Ranger sized vehicle but I didn't want to wait for the new Ranger to become available.   We will use the F150 for an upcoming move to another state....hauling and towing a trailer and my old Ranger lacked the capability that is needed.

I am impressed with the little 2.7.   It is smooth, quiet and surprisingly potent.    As a long time Livernois Motorsports customer, I immediately obtained tunes for it...an 87-89 octane version and a 91-93 version.    Since the dealer filled the 36 gallon tank with 87, I have loaded the 87-89 tune first.   It really made a difference in terms of response, transmission behavior and overall performance.    I look forward to running higher octane and the even stronger tune.

20220621_102311.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!  I have the 3.5Leb version in sport trim.  I do miss the auto hvac but when I bought mine the Lariat was an extra $10k over the XLT 302a because of incentives.  I think it makes a great daily driver.  I get 21 mpg around town and 26 on the highway.  I bet the 2.7L is slightly better.