The wait is over!

I have had a 2022 Explorer ST on order since Jan. 28 no scheduled date no word from dealer other than it will get built when it gets built and everyone is in the same boat. I  Called ford customer relations line and was told to check with dealer for most up to date info! Have been told several times what's holding it up tech package, multi contour seats, hands free lift gate, rear heater controls, auto start stop, which have all been removed and still no scheduled date. If they take any more off it I just as well have ordered a base explorer. Well no longer, built a Kia Telluride online gave me exact matches arriving soon at 3 dealers called 1st dealer yes its available with a July 30th delivery date not missing any features and 10,000 dollars less, actually 9645 after I take the hefty rebates Ford is giving me for removing the multi contour seats and the hands free lift gate and Auto start stop for a whopping 355 dollars. I have driven Fords for 30 yrs. and have ordered  6 new Fords over the 30 yrs. but I am frustrated and am trying another brand! Just paid my deposit and hope to have a complete new car in less than 6 weeks! I read every day of someone on here getting a build date or even receiving their ST that was ordered sometime 2-3 months after mine. I was told by the dealer months ago that it was had been bumped up to a priority 2 by the regional rep. still no build date 3 months later, Ford has some serious ordering and production flaws and until they can figure things out I'm going to try another brand. I guess time will tell if I ever come back!

15 hours ago, tntlars said:

I have had a 2022 Explorer ST on order since Jan. 28 no scheduled date no word from dealer other than it will get built when it gets built and everyone is in the same boat. I  Called ford customer relations line and was told to check with dealer for most up to date info! Have been told several times what's holding it up tech package, multi contour seats, hands free lift gate, rear heater controls, auto start stop, which have all been removed and still no scheduled date. If they take any more off it I just as well have ordered a base explorer. Well no longer, built a Kia Telluride online gave me exact matches arriving soon at 3 dealers called 1st dealer yes its available with a July 30th delivery date not missing any features and 10,000 dollars less, actually 9645 after I take the hefty rebates Ford is giving me for removing the multi contour seats and the hands free lift gate and Auto start stop for a whopping 355 dollars. I have driven Fords for 30 yrs. and have ordered  6 new Fords over the 30 yrs. but I am frustrated and am trying another brand! Just paid my deposit and hope to have a complete new car in less than 6 weeks! I read every day of someone on here getting a build date or even receiving their ST that was ordered sometime 2-3 months after mine. I was told by the dealer months ago that it was had been bumped up to a priority 2 by the regional rep. still no build date 3 months later, Ford has some serious ordering and production flaws and until they can figure things out I'm going to try another brand. I guess time will tell if I ever come back!

Waiting would’ve been better than getting a KIA as far as I’m concerned! Anyways Ford needs to get their house in order!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Waiting would’ve been better than getting a KIA as far as I’m concerned! Anyways Ford needs to get their house in order!

It's not just Ford, it's everyone.  Have you seen the videos of the 6 figure AMGs with manual sliding seats?  Tellurides are on average 10 months from order to delivery.. yes 10 months.  GM removing heated seat functionality on their top trims.

This is an industry problem, not just a Ford problem.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

It's not just Ford, it's everyone.  Have you seen the videos of the 6 figure AMGs with manual sliding seats?  Tellurides are on average 10 months from order to delivery.. yes 10 months.  GM removing heated seat functionality on their top trims.

While there are legitimate gripes to be had across the industry with respect to service, etc., people continuing to cry about production delays just defies logic. Why do people think Ford is delaying production? That is what I get from the types of threads and post like this thread. Why people think it is only Ford is beyond me. If a Kia is so great, I wonder why this person didn't buy one of them in the first place. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Black Label said:

While there are legitimate gripes to be had across the industry with respect to service, etc., people continuing to cry about production delays just defies logic. Why do people think Ford is delaying production? That is what I get from the types of threads and post like this thread. Why people think it is only Ford is beyond me. If a Kia is so great, I wonder why this person didn't buy one of them in the first place. 

I never said ford is delaying production on purpose but when you read in posts daily about someone receiving a same build explorer ordered months after yours it makes me wonder why they are so much more important. As far as buying a kia I have read the reviews, talked to many owners and looked at recalls and warranty history and all its probably a better built car anyway! I would much rather have a ford but I want a complete ford not missing many everyday use options I ordered and still delayed months even after announcing that they are removing that option to speed up the build and deliver times. I don't think I'm the only one that feels the keep moving the goal line on you! Then to insulte the buyer by offering a few pennies on the dollar as to what that option costs. You can all wait around for a half built ford at full cost but that's not me! If I'm paying full cost I want a complete build! 

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

I agree the whole industry is upside down right now it’s gonna take years it seems to get the supply chain back to some normalcy.

I'm not saying it won't but the dealers I have talked to claim that they are arriving on average within the 4-5 days of the week scheduled. As far as the price that was all negotiated before I put the deposit down and signed intent to buy form. Paid msrp on the nose. This is not my first time dealing with car dealers who are all snakes In there own way, and as stated before they are not cutting 1 single options  unlike ford so you get a complete built vehicle. 

43 minutes ago, tntlars said:

I never said ford is delaying production on purpose but when you read in posts daily about someone receiving a same build explorer ordered months after yours it makes me wonder why they are so much more important. As far as buying a kia I have read the reviews, talked to many owners and looked at recalls and warranty history and all its probably a better built car anyway! I would much rather have a ford but I want a complete ford not missing many everyday use options I ordered and still delayed months even after announcing that they are removing that option to speed up the build and deliver times. I don't think I'm the only one that feels the keep moving the goal line on you! Then to insulte the buyer by offering a few pennies on the dollar as to what that option costs. You can all wait around for a half built ford at full cost but that's not me! If I'm paying full cost I want a complete build! 

There is a lot of information throughout this forum describing the allocation process at dealerships. When you say other with the same build are getting their vehicles before you, is that from your same dealer? There is also priority codes within the dealer allocation. I'm sure there are reasons that may not be easy to understand but would explain these things. 

As far as incomplete vehicles, again, I am pretty sure other manufacturers are doing the same thing. When the chips become available, they will install the "missing" feature(s). 

32 minutes ago, Black Label said:

There is a lot of information throughout this forum describing the allocation process at dealerships. When you say other with the same build are getting their vehicles before you, is that from your same dealer? There is also priority codes within the dealer allocation. I'm sure there are reasons that may not be easy to understand but would explain these things. 

As far as incomplete vehicles, again, I am pretty sure other manufacturers are doing the same thing. When the chips become available, they will install the "missing" feature(s). 

As for my build 5 options have been removed 4 of the five are deleted for good only the rear heater controls will be added back as chip is available. The 2 I use the the most hands free liftgate and multi contour seats it's just deleted for a small credit. Yes same dealer also have have one built and shipped to storage lot last June still not delivered why would they not finish the built units before starting a new order placed7 months later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Hope your Telluride engine doesn't blow up.  I've been seeing video's of Telluride and Palisade engines self destructing.

Yes I've seen and heard of many new Bronco motors blowing up too,so that point is moot!

23 minutes ago, tntlars said:

Yes I've seen and heard of many new Bronco motors blowing up too,so that point is moot!

I'm not trying to convince anyone it's the right move or even a smart move just my opinion and Yes I'm the one who has to live with my decisions.  Thanks for everyone's input and hope you all have a great 4th of July!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tntlars said:

If you've been following this forum, and Bronco forum, you'd see the issue was related to a bad batch of valves.  We're talking 50 known people on the Bronco forum.  Probably double that out in the wild.  A bunch of them complained to NHTSA.  From this forum's calculations, it's less than .1% failure rate, and only on the V6, not the I4.

From what I've seen on the Kia/Hyundia engines lately, the failure rate is much higher.  It might take 30k miles to happen.  But the numbers are supposedly in the 25% of engines failing within the first 30k miles on the Telluride/Palisade.  So I hope you don't mind your vehicle being at the dealer for a few weeks waiting on a new engine.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tntlars said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone it's the right move or even a smart move just my opinion and Yes I'm the one who has to live with my decisions.  Thanks for everyone's input and hope you all have a great 4th of July!

I do seriously wish you good luck, no sarcasm intended.  I've seen the Telluride/Palisade.  They are good looking units.  Interior quality is very good.  If it wasn't for their engine issues, I'd rate their overall quality very well.

Similar brand issues crop up in my motorcycle world.  Harley is better, Indian is better!  My motto is "ride what you love".  Doesn't matter the brand. 

Edited by 92merc

59 minutes ago, akirby said:

On the Telluride forums there are orders from late 2021 that haven’t been built and will likely roll over to 2023.  But yeah, this doesn’t affect Kia.

Did it mention anything about deleted options of options being added months later? Ya I didn't think so! My bigger issue is Ford deleting options or shipping incomplete vehicles for parts to be added later to speed up the process and it hasn't changed a bit. Yes every manufacture has had extended build times but as far as I know Toyota, Honda and Kia and probably other are not shipping incomplete units! Have a nice day!

Edited by tntlars

38 minutes ago, tntlars said:

Did it mention anything about deleted options of options being added months later? Ya I didn't think so! My bigger issue is Ford deleting options or shipping incomplete vehicles for parts to be added later to speed up the process and it hasn't changed a bit. Yes every manufacture has had extended build times but as far as I know Toyota, Honda and Kia and probably other are not shipping incomplete units! Have a nice day!

They're giving customers the option of deleting the options to speed up builds or waiting.  Your choice.  Waiting on a Ford is no different than waiting on anything else.  You made your rant, no need to keep harping on it.  Move along.

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

They're giving customers the option of deleting the options to speed up builds or waiting.  Your choice.  Waiting on a Ford is no different than waiting on anything else.  You made your rant, no need to keep harping on it.  Move along.

You as well, like I ended my last post Have a good day!