How Do I Stop the System Update Notices

bobbyd

Almost every week after starting my Cmax , my radio starts blasting on a local fm station, along with a printed screen notice asking if I want to update my system (Yes/No/ or Remind me later). It's so annoying and despite choosing 'No' it repeats the same notice every week or less! (BTW: my daughter's 2019 Edge does the same thing). How do I stop this intrusion? 

Edited by bobbyd

31 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

Almost every week after starting my Cmax , my radio starts blasting on a local fm station, along with a printed screen notice asking if I want to update my system (Yes/No/ or Remind me later). It's so annoying and despite choosing 'No' it repeats the same notice every week or less! (BTW: my daughter's 2019 Edge does the same thing). How do I stop this intrusion? 

Hi bobbyd. Either choose "Yes" and allow the updates to install, or disable reminders in the SYNC system settings.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi bobbyd. Either choose "Yes" and allow the updates to install, or disable reminders in the SYNC system settings.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Yes it will be. I will let you know and thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, bobbyd said:

Yes it will be. I will let you know and thanks!

Update...I'm still receiving those blaring updates despite choosing 'yes!' I've tried using all 3 responses (no, yes, remind me later)....and the updates continue. I guess I'll live with it and try to turn the volume down to avoid that sudden blaring update that comes everytime! I appreciate your response. I'll call the dealer when I can for their input. Take care!

2 hours ago, bobbyd said:

Update...I'm still receiving those blaring updates despite choosing 'yes!' I've tried using all 3 responses (no, yes, remind me later)....and the updates continue. I guess I'll live with it and try to turn the volume down to avoid that sudden blaring update that comes everytime! I appreciate your response. I'll call the dealer when I can for their input. Take care!

Hi bobbyd. Have you tried going into the system settings and disabling reminders completely, as also mentioned previously?

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Thanks 1