Any Success using CSX Railcar Tracking

yorid

Has anyone had any success using CSX Railcar Tracking, I'm using the information below.  It keeps telling me the railcar was delivered to Buffalo NY March 17

Your number will be 4 letters and 6 numbers.
Mine went via CSX so their number is 1-800-235-2352
Press 1
Key in the 4 letters for the car initial. For instance TTGX would be 81 81 41 92 (First number is the where the letter falls into the keypad, second number is the place within)
You will be prompted for the rail car number, key in the 6 digit number.
Say "done" at the prompt or , ,
Listen for the update

It works well for some, but not everyone. Mine showed the railcar was in Chicago for well over a week. Checked it one day and it was still reported as being in Chicago, but within an hour, my Sales Manager called to say the truck had just been delivered.

One hour from Chicago to Metro Vancouver, now that's high-speed rail!!!!

2 hours ago, yorid said:

Railcar # TTGX964352

Save this phone number in your phone contacts.  It should auto dial everything you need to track your truck.  

(800) 235-2352,,,1,81814192#,,964352#,,##

P.S. I’m thinking that’s not the right railcar number since it comes up as delivered in March. 

1 hour ago, manko said:

P.S. I’m thinking that’s not the right railcar number since it comes up as delivered in March. 

That what I got too delivered to Buffalo NY in March. I agree, but at least 4 different chat agents gave me the same number. I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks

20 minutes ago, yorid said:

That what I got too delivered to Buffalo NY in March. I agree, but at least 4 different chat agents gave me the same number. I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks

What date are they telling you it shipped?  I wonder if it just hasn’t started moving yet and the tracking is just for that rail cars last trip.  

26 minutes ago, manko said:

What date are they telling you it shipped?  

6/30/22, so it could still be sitting at the yard. 2 month ago my friend's railcar number showed his vehicle being out west, he got it a week later we live in S. Fl

Tried my tracking that I got from customer service.after I received a email showing it shipped on 6/28. He showed it delivered to the St. Louis rail yard on July 2nd. When I tracked it yesterday it showed to be in the Mesquite Tx rail yard. Checked again today and that rail car showed to be in Grand Prairie yard I assume at the GM plant loading. 

On 7/4/2022 at 4:29 PM, manko said:

I seen mine was  Norfolk Southern, found these instruction and it work

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked. "