How are the dual batterys wired on a 2022 F350 6.7?

YODA

OK I am installing a 60A DC-DC charger on my trailer with power feed (pulls 85A, fussed at 100A) directly from truck battery. I am using #2 welding cable, bot positive and negative back to the trailer.

The passenger side battery appear to be the primary one connected to a positive cable junction module. Its the box top center in the photo. It also appears other wires attach from the bottom, including a feed from the alternators. I can't get the lid off without disconnecting the battery. Don't want to do that right now.

IMG_0941s.thumb.jpg.435cc5679f338374f365eede7cac58fe.jpg

I believe the second cable is from the drivers side battery. On the passenger side both battery terminals have 6mm aux studs, but on the drivers side the positive terminal does not have the aux stud. Is there a reason for this?

IMG_0936s.thumb.jpg.2216f5437fbab91bf0434c8fb3d05258.jpg

Picture of the drivers side positive battery stud that does not have the aux post.

I want to add a 6mm stud like this (picture below), add my fuse and run my #2 cables to the truck bed.

addingbatterypost.thumb.jpg.cb9c282265c98d11ffc06bd63a842c68.jpg

Is there a reason this should not be done. Would pulling 80 amps from this location cause any issues. Ford battery wiring appears to be #2.

What would really help is if someone would share the wiring diagram for the 2022 6.7 with dual alternators - I have the rapid heat option.

Truck is new and I don't want to damage it. I can run from the passenger side if needed, but it means hanging the cable across the back of the engine along the plastic lip (drill holes and use zip ties) A bit more changeling and messy.

IMG_0938s.thumb.jpg.6322ffd88ab4af83bea3a41183e268eb.jpg

Also I don't know how hot that area gets.

Thanks for any help.

Shouldn’t be an issue to use driver side putting a stud in. I know ford tells up fitters to use passenger side for aftermarket equipment, but that being said I have seen plenty of trucks come in with dump beds and plow hookups on driver side and have not seen any issues. Im not at work so I can get diagrams at this time. 

3 hours ago, YODA said:

OK I am installing a 60A DC-DC charger on my trailer with power feed (pulls 85A, fussed at 100A) directly from truck battery. I am using #2 welding cable, bot positive and negative back to the trailer.

The passenger side battery appear to be the primary one connected to a positive cable junction module. Its the box top center in the photo. It also appears other wires attach from the bottom, including a feed from the alternators. I can't get the lid off without disconnecting the battery. Don't want to do that right now.

IMG_0941s.thumb.jpg.435cc5679f338374f365eede7cac58fe.jpg

I believe the second cable is from the drivers side battery. On the passenger side both battery terminals have 6mm aux studs, but on the drivers side the positive terminal does not have the aux stud. Is there a reason for this?

IMG_0936s.thumb.jpg.2216f5437fbab91bf0434c8fb3d05258.jpg

Picture of the drivers side positive battery stud that does not have the aux post.

I want to add a 6mm stud like this (picture below), add my fuse and run my #2 cables to the truck bed.

addingbatterypost.thumb.jpg.cb9c282265c98d11ffc06bd63a842c68.jpg

Is there a reason this should not be done. Would pulling 80 amps from this location cause any issues. Ford battery wiring appears to be #2.

What would really help is if someone would share the wiring diagram for the 2022 6.7 with dual alternators - I have the rapid heat option.

Truck is new and I don't want to damage it. I can run from the passenger side if needed, but it means hanging the cable across the back of the engine along the plastic lip (drill holes and use zip ties) A bit more changeling and messy.

IMG_0938s.thumb.jpg.6322ffd88ab4af83bea3a41183e268eb.jpg

Also I don't know how hot that area gets.

Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, YODA said:

I just removed my cover today.  I politely forced the looped red cable side to pull the cover off.  I'm pretty I could have loosened the battery terminal and rotated it a bit to help, but what I did worked for me.

I'm going to run my cables down the DS as I intend to put my connector on that side in the bed (same side as the 7 pin connector).  I haven't looked yet to see how I will connect to the battery.  I also think there is more room on the DS for the circuit breaker and on/off solenoid I plan to install.

4 hours ago, Michael Lappy said:

Shouldn’t be an issue to use driver side putting a stud in. I know ford tells up fitters to use passenger side for aftermarket equipment, but that being said I have seen plenty of trucks come in with dump beds and plow hookups on driver side and have not seen any issues. Im not at work so I can get diagrams at this time. 

Thank you so much, When you get a chance the diagrams would be great.

Thanks

Keith

• 2 weeks later...