Ford Quality Czar Says Issues Should Subside in 2023

1 hour ago, bobbyd said:

Oh, I didn't know the 1.5 Litre 3 Cylinder Rogue had an electric motor. Wouldn't that be considered a hybrid? Please explain! 

Hi bobbyd, the U.S. market Nissan Rogue uses a conventional non-hybrid powertrain (KR15DDT engine with CVT).

The Nissan Qashqai e-POWER sold in Europe and Australia uses a series hybrid configuration that combines KH5T engine (similar to KR15DDT but with lower power rating) and synchronous AC motor with a fixed ratio "transmission". I think this is what jpd80 referenced.

sv3tiwozpqc9r1ebvvf4

800px-Nissan_Qashqai_e-Power_Automesse_L

• Like 1

Rperez817, thanks for your response and the information. I initially was thinking that since both 1.5 Litre 3 cylinder engines were new and 'somewhat similar '  that Ford engineers might look for distinct differences and possible considerations to what might be causing the fuel injectors to crack in the Escape. I know Ford uses Vitesco and Nissan uses Denso fuel injectors. Anyway, I was brainstorming and hope they resolve the issue over time. I would love to hear they discovered it was simply some poorly produced injectors affecting only a certain/limited batch....rather than continuing with a drain tube. Again, thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Hi bobbyd, the U.S. market Nissan Rogue uses a conventional non-hybrid powertrain (KR15DDT engine with CVT).

The Nissan Qashqai e-POWER sold in Europe and Australia uses a series hybrid configuration that combines KH5T engine (similar to KR15DDT but with lower power rating) and synchronous AC motor with a fixed ratio "transmission". I think this is what jpd80 referenced.

sv3tiwozpqc9r1ebvvf4

800px-Nissan_Qashqai_e-Power_Automesse_L

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, j2sys said:

Something something DCT/DPS6 something something...

Speaking of that something, things keep getting worse for the Ford Fiesta and Focus customers whose DPS6 equipped cars are effectively unfixable shitboxes. Ford Fiesta, Focus Owners Still Face Infuriating Waits for Fixes (caranddriver.com)

Trouble over Ford's infamous PowerShift transmission continues to haunt the automaker. As the Detroit Free Press reported this week, many current owners of 2011–2016 Fiesta and 2012–2016 Focus models still afflicted by problems are furious. Their frustration over delays in getting a fix for their cars is understandable, given that several told the Free Press they've waited multiple months for their gearboxes to get fixed. Highlighting more than two dozen experiences, the newspaper cites months-long wait times and claims that Ford is ignoring customers seeking updates on the status of their repairs. Back in 2019, the paper also reported claims that some Ford dealerships were declining to repair their defective transmissions.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Speaking of that something, things keep getting worse for the Ford Fiesta and Focus customers whose DPS6 equipped cars are effectively unfixable shitboxes. Ford Fiesta, Focus Owners Still Face Infuriating Waits for Fixes (caranddriver.com)

That was the old Ford Motor Company we have a new Ford Motor Company now.?

• Haha 1