2023 F-150 Police Responder Order Guide

ice-capades

• 2 months later...

Can anyone order a Police Responder model?  I searched online and saw sales were not restricted to only law enforcement, but my local dealer (not a good or knowledgeable dealership FYI) told me you cannot buy one.  I do believe you need to order through fleet sales though, not positive.  Thanks for the help.

41 minutes ago, Yeager said:

Can anyone order a Police Responder model?  I searched online and saw sales were not restricted to only law enforcement, but my local dealer (not a good or knowledgeable dealership FYI) told me you cannot buy one.  I do believe you need to order through fleet sales though, not positive.  Thanks for the help.

Fleet only. Police rated vehicles restricted to government and police agencies.  

Edited by ice-capades
Revised

Thanks for the response.  Just curious, is there any way around that, since the responder doesn't have any restricted items (like the interceptor's ballistic panels)?  Not trying to do anything questionable, but if there was a special order process or something, I would definitely be interested.   Thanks again.

29 minutes ago, Yeager said:

Thanks for the response.  Just curious, is there any way around that, since the responder doesn't have any restricted items (like the interceptor's ballistic panels)?  Not trying to do anything questionable, but if there was a special order process or something, I would definitely be interested.   Thanks again.

What is it about this model that interests you?

HRG

35 minutes ago, Yeager said:

Simple answer is No. The only way around it is to buy one used, if you can find one. 

In response to "What is it about this model that interests you?", it's the 3.5 engine with the 4A transfer case.  I have big dogs, which tear leather up quickly.  I can't get an XLT with 4 auto, and the Lariat has leather.  My only options are the police model or a tremor, and the cloth seats in the tremor are UGLY.  Unless I'm missing something?  Is there another way to get that combination?  Thanks

45 minutes ago, Yeager said:

In response to "What is it about this model that interests you?", it's the 3.5 engine with the 4A transfer case.  I have big dogs, which tear leather up quickly.  I can't get an XLT with 4 auto, and the Lariat has leather.  My only options are the police model or a tremor, and the cloth seats in the tremor are UGLY.  Unless I'm missing something?  Is there another way to get that combination?  Thanks

2 easy options - buy and install a cloth rear seat or have it recovered.  Or just get a seat protector.  They work great.  Daughter uses them in her escape.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

2 easy options - buy and install a cloth rear seat or have it recovered.  Or just get a seat protector.  They work great.  Daughter uses them in her escape.

Akirby, I agree and had thought of those options, but I'd probably do all the seats to address the backs of the front seats as well.  It's very doable but spending the cash on leather and then tearing them out is stupid IF there was another way; it appears there is not.  The police responder model would fit 100% of my needs if I could get one, but as others have said, there isn't a way (without doing shady stuff that I'm not doing).  So it's looking like a Tremor with ugly checkered pattern cloth, or a Lariat and seat covers.  Am I correct that the 4A is only available in those models?

46 minutes ago, Yeager said:

Akirby, I agree and had thought of those options, but I'd probably do all the seats to address the backs of the front seats as well.  It's very doable but spending the cash on leather and then tearing them out is stupid IF there was another way; it appears there is not.  The police responder model would fit 100% of my needs if I could get one, but as others have said, there isn't a way (without doing shady stuff that I'm not doing).  So it's looking like a Tremor with ugly checkered pattern cloth, or a Lariat and seat covers.  Am I correct that the 4A is only available in those models?

I think so.  Check the order guide (link at top of page)

34 minutes ago, Family Cook said:

I think that the 4A on the Tremor is only available on the 402A high package which includes the leather seats. If I am reading the order guide correctly the ESOF version is included with the base Tremor.

Thanks.  I have seen more than one 401A's with factory cloth, but I completely agree that the order guide doesn't reflect that.  I wasn't sure if it was a mid year change or if it was due to supply chain BS that a non standard truck was built.  It is probably Tremor 402 or Lariat for me.  I hate having to get a bunch of shit I don't want, much of which is expensive stuff that is prone to breaking- FYI that's the beauty of the police model, no real "packages", just individual options to pick from... I miss those days

38 minutes ago, Yeager said:

Thanks.  I have seen more than one 401A's with factory cloth, but I completely agree that the order guide doesn't reflect that.  I wasn't sure if it was a mid year change or if it was due to supply chain BS that a non standard truck was built.  It is probably Tremor 402 or Lariat for me.  I hate having to get a bunch of shit I don't want, much of which is expensive stuff that is prone to breaking- FYI that's the beauty of the police model, no real "packages", just individual options to pick from... I miss those days

Enough already!