New Ford Products, when will we see them?

It might be just me, but it seems like we haven't gotten much info on upcoming products in the future from Ford-I just thinking about the 2024 Blazer EV that was just shown off and the upcoming Equinox EV, which are pointed at the heart of the market. I know COVID and supply chain issues have wreaked havoc on everything, but starting next year it seems like Ford doesn't have anything "new" coming. 

I'm guessing we will see the Escape and Mustang refreshes in the next six month, but I'm more concerned about the future Model E products-

Ford has MEB based products coming out in the EU, but hasn't shown off what they look like

The Explorer "Sport" and Lincoln BEVs got pushed back, but haven't been mentioned lately nor has any mules been shown off. 

I'd think that those products should be in production before the end of 2024-given the timeline of what is happening at Oakville and EU based plants. 

Future BEV trucks won't be in production till Blue Oval City is operational-that is supposed to be in 2024/25?

Is Ford expecting to show off its new product by this time next year?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd expect some kind of announcement/reveal at the Detroit Auto Show in September, for Ford. Most are speculating that Maverick and Ranger will have their own Lightening version. The question becomes, what is Ford doing for BEV family hauler CUV's?  Is it expected that the Lincoln BEV will be introduced at the NY auto show next year? 

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

I'd expect some kind of announcement/reveal at the Detroit Auto Show in September, for Ford. Most are speculating that Maverick and Ranger will have their own Lightening version. The question becomes, what is Ford doing for BEV family hauler CUV's?  Is it expected that the Lincoln BEV will be introduced at the NY auto show next year? 

I think with living in a post COVID world, Auto shows are going to just keep slipping more and more in obscurity and won't carry the weight they once did with Auto manufactures-the expenditure of concept cars for shows and other things don't make financial sense when you can reach an audience easier and cheaper on the internet. This was already happening pre COVID. 

I get what you are saying, it feels like there is a "lull" over "new" vehicles.  The only news lately has been "A package on the Bronco, a package on the Maverick, Lightning this model, and that model" Etc.  I guess we have been used to seeing totally redone ground-up vehicles from Ford.  That probably won't happen till the new Subaru-like Ford.  And I agree, haven't heard much about the MEB-based vehicles but be damned we have already seen the Ranger based Amarok.

What have you done for me lately? ? Seems like 2024 is the big year for Ford's EV push:

• Ford just unveil the new Transit Custom EV - will go on sale in 2023.
  • There seems to be fairly convincing evidence that Ford is working on either EV or PHEV Maverick which will probably be part of the midcycle update in 2024 timeframe.
  • MEB Kuga/Focus replacement for Europe is coming in late 2023.
  • There will also be a Puma EV and Transit Courier EV which are set for 2024.
  • Explorer and Aviator EV pushed back to 2024 which I agree is a bit of a problem... but Mach E is holding its own so far so it's not a dire situation.
  • Escape and Corsair EV news have gone quiet. Ford planned to use MEB but seemed to have scrapped that idea so GE2 version will have to wait until after Explorer and Aviator. This is really the only unknown.
  • Ranger EV or PHEV is also coming soon. New ICE version in 2023, and EV in 2024? Maybe 2025.
  • Next gen F-150 Lightning is also 2024, although probably late 2024.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, silvrsvt said:

Ford has MEB based products coming out in the EU, but hasn't shown off what they look like

Looks like the (sub-Mach E) VW MEB-based pair of crossovers seem to be for the European market only. 
They need to do what VW is doing with the ID models. Example: The ID.4 is made in Germany, China, and soon the USA, while the smaller VW ID.3 is made in Germany and China.

What is believed to be a clay model of one of the MEB-based Ford Electric CUVs.
2023-ford-meb-based-electric-crossover-s
-Motor Authority