2023 Maverick Tremor???

via autoblog

"... In addition to their off-pavement suspensions, F-Series and Ranger Tremors come equipped with locking rear differentials; the Escape-based Maverick can't accommodate something that robust, but the twin-clutch, torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system offered in the Bronco Sport would pretty much drop right in. "

I will be ordering this immediately if this indeed is a Tremor model with the BS Badlands diff. Less than a month to go!

20 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

via autoblog

"... In addition to their off-pavement suspensions, F-Series and Ranger Tremors come equipped with locking rear differentials; the Escape-based Maverick can't accommodate something that robust, but the twin-clutch, torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system offered in the Bronco Sport would pretty much drop right in. "

I will be ordering this immediately if this indeed is a Tremor model with the BS Badlands diff. Less than a month to go!

See the difference between this and a sedan?  You can’t do this type of package on a sedan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

See the difference between this and a sedan?  You can’t do this type of package on a sedan.

You can in a sedan. For example, Ford did offered torque vectoring AWD in MKZ. 

But obviously given the market condition today, it is much more likely that people will pay for something like this in a truck or utility. 

20 minutes ago, bzcat said:

You can in a sedan. For example, Ford did offered torque vectoring AWD in MKZ. 

But obviously given the market condition today, it is much more likely that people will pay for something like this in a truck or utility. 

But you can’t do suspension lifts with bigger tires or all the off road/active lifestyle accessories.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, akirby said:

Yeah, well some of us prefer a LOWER center of gravity and wouldn't want this type of package anyway.

And I know that we're a shrinking crowd...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

But you can’t do suspension lifts with bigger tires or all the off road/active lifestyle accessories.

No, but the sedans would get some sort of lowered ride height, wider tires, aero package, handling, etc instead.  Think Taurus SHO or Fusion sport.  Or you could go with the vinyl coach roof.

I was hoping for something more. F150 tremor gets a completely different grille which sets it apart more. The only difference on this grille appears to be the added orange. The grille and rear bumper are the weak spots on the Maverick. I was hoping upgraded packages would fix these but I guess not. My OCD also hates the single orange painted pocket on the wheels. Besides that, it seems like an OK package. I think the timberline name fits it better though.

9 hours ago, slemke said:

No, but the sedans would get some sort of lowered ride height, wider tires, aero package, handling, etc instead.  Think Taurus SHO or Fusion sport.  Or you could go with the vinyl coach roof.

But you’re very limited on those options and visually they’re much more subtle and not nearly as popular as these truck and SUV packages. 

F150:   STX, chrome, sport, black, heritage, rattler, tremor, Raptor

Truck and SUV buyers are willing to spend big bucks on these appearance packages and trims and other individual options to personalize their vehicle.  

On 7/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, akirby said:

But you’re very limited on those options and visually they’re much more subtle and not nearly as popular as these truck and SUV packages. 

F150:   STX, chrome, sport, black, heritage, rattler, tremor, Raptor

Truck and SUV buyers are willing to spend big bucks on these appearance packages and trims and other individual options to personalize their vehicle.  

That's true of the current market trends. Agree 100% trucks and SUV buyers much more likely to get those high margin packages now.

But it wasn't always the case historically. But to your original point, this is why Ford decided to do Maverick instead of another Focus or Fusion sedan and that is absolutely on point.