A/Z plan - retail order process?

nitewolfgtr

57 minutes ago, nitewolfgtr said:

First time doing a retail order for an F-150 with Z plan. Can someone confirm whether the AZXD Plans Pricing agreement must be signed the placing the retail order OR is that signed at delivery? Thank you. 

Hi nitewolf. It should be signed at the time you place the order. And a copy of it, the official factory Invoice, the purchase order, and all other transaction paperwork etc. given to the buyer at that time.

Take a look here: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

While this is the official site for the X-Plan, the transaction rules for both the Dealer and the buyer are the same for AZD-Plan and X-Plan purchases.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

32 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi nitewolf. It should be signed at the time you place the order. And a copy of it, the official factory Invoice, the purchase order, and all other transaction paperwork etc. given to the buyer at that time.

It’s not required at order time, just when the sale is completed.  Remember the invoice is not available at order time.

You should have a buyers order showing the price though and referencing x plan.

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s not required at order time, just when the sale is completed.  Remember the invoice is not available at order time.

You should have a buyers order showing the price though and referencing x plan.

Hi Allen. I never leave the Dealership the day I place a factory order without a copy of the AXZD-Plan pricing sheet and other applicable contracts/paperwork etc.

And on the day they place a factory order, a smart AXZD-Plan buyer should never leave the Dealership without a signed AXZD-Plan price sheet, along with the other paperwork discussed in the AXZD-Plan rules and regulations link provided above. 

Yes, there is no Invoice available at time a factory order is placed, which is exactly why a filled out and signed AXZD-Plan sheet is required. On a factory order, a copy of the signed AXZD-Plan sheet is supposed to be given to the buyer at the time the order is placed. It is the only contract a buyer has guaranteeing the AXZD-Plan price. It is the AXZD-Plan contract.

If the buyer does not have a properly filled out and signed copy of the AXZD-Plan price sheet, it is not a contracted Plan purchase at that time and they are at the mercy of the Dealership when their vehicle is delivered.

And other than laziness or nefarious reasons, there is absolutely no legitimate reason for a Dealer not to provide the correct, signed AXZD-Plan price sheet a the time or order.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

On 7/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, bbf2530 said:

Hi Allen. I never leave the Dealership the day I place a factory order without a copy of the AXZD-Plan pricing sheet and other applicable contracts/paperwork etc.

And on the day they place a factory order, a smart AXZD-Plan buyer should never leave the Dealership without a signed AXZD-Plan price sheet, along with the other paperwork discussed in the AXZD-Plan rules and regulations link provided above. 

Yes, there is no Invoice available at time a factory order is placed, which is exactly why a filled out and signed AXZD-Plan sheet is required. On a factory order, a copy of the signed AXZD-Plan sheet is supposed to be given to the buyer at the time the order is placed. It is the only contract a buyer has guaranteeing the AXZD-Plan price. It is the AXZD-Plan contract.

If the buyer does not have a properly filled out and signed copy of the AXZD-Plan price sheet, it is not a contracted Plan purchase at that time and they are at the mercy of the Dealership when their vehicle is delivered.

And other than laziness or nefarious reasons, there is absolutely no legitimate reason for a Dealer not to provide the correct, signed AXZD-Plan price sheet a the time or order.

Good luck.

So I got the dealer to sign the AXZD plan pricing agreement for a retail order. But as @akirby said, rules is a bit confusing and the way plan pricing agreement is written is not clear either. For example, the pricing agreement requires you to specify a VIN # but on retail order, VIN # is not generated until the vehicle is scheduled for production. Dealer was reluctant to fill out the agreement, but I did get them to finally write the Order code into the VIN # field, specify the total price  ( Z plan pricing) on the 2nd page with price protection circled, and sign the agreement. They also said that we would have to fill out a new agreement at delivery since VIN # was not available at the time to fill in the missing pieces. 

I wish Ford would make the guidelines very clear and explicit but seems like the whole AXZD plan guide was written for times when you could just walk into the dealer and drive off with a vehicle on the lot... and leaves much to be desired with retail orders. 

22 minutes ago, nitewolfgtr said:

seems like the whole AXZD plan guide was written for times when you could just walk into the dealer and drive off with a vehicle on the lot... and leaves much to be desired with retail orders. 

That’s because it is written that way.  It really only applies to the purchase. Ordering is outside the scope of the plan.  I’ve ordered several vehicles on X plan.  I had agreement that it was X plan and we did no paperwork until the vehicle showed up.  But that was when orders took 6 weeks and you didn’t have to worry about price protection.  And I could easily walk away.

All you need is a buyers order that shows the current x plan pricing and reference to X plan.  Then you fill out the plan paperwork and give them the PIN when it arrives.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nitewolfgtr said:

So I got the dealer to sign the AXZD plan pricing agreement for a retail order. But as @akirby said, rules is a bit confusing and the way plan pricing agreement is written is not clear either. For example, the pricing agreement requires you to specify a VIN # but on retail order, VIN # is not generated until the vehicle is scheduled for production. Dealer was reluctant to fill out the agreement, but I did get them to finally write the Order code into the VIN # field, specify the total price  ( Z plan pricing) on the 2nd page with price protection circled, and sign the agreement. They also said that we would have to fill out a new agreement at delivery since VIN # was not available at the time to fill in the missing pieces. 

I wish Ford would make the guidelines very clear and explicit but seems like the whole AXZD plan guide was written for times when you could just walk into the dealer and drive off with a vehicle on the lot... and leaves much to be desired with retail orders. 

Hi nitewolf. I understand all of the confusion, for all the reasons you and akirby have discussed.

Far too many buyers walk out a Dealership without something as simple as signed purchase order, with all pricing listed, for their own protection. That goes for a regular retail purchase and AXZD-Plan purchases.

Therefore, the bottom line as a buyer is: Ensure we have something, in writing, which clearly states the purchase is being accepted, processed and placed as an AXZD-Plan purchase, and do not take the word of a salesperson or any other Dealer representative.  A written contract protects both parties. So any time one party is reluctant to enter into a written contract, is a time for the other party to be wary.

Keep us updated and good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1