2022 Explorer ST Order

Hello all. I’m new here…been lurking for a while however. I had a question for the senior folks here…

I ordered a Explorer St on February 14th. Up to now, I haven’t received anything! Not a build date or VIN, absolutely nothing. All I have is the dealer and sales codes. I call my dealer every few weeks and he keeps stating to be patient and hopefully it will get scheduled. My issue is, isn’t the 2023 model year starting production the first week of November? My vehicle was ordered at a 10 priority. On April 8th, it moved to a priority 2. So in about 6 months, nothing has changed except the priority status. I am a patient person but like I told my salesman, I’m prolonging my current lease (which I don’t really want) just to anticipate my St coming in. Looks like I have basically 1 month of build time to get scheduled (October). Anyone have any advise or wisdom to share? 

Thanks for reading. 

Brian  

45 minutes ago, 22ExStAB said:

Hello all. I’m new here…been lurking for a while however. I had a question for the senior folks here…

I ordered a Explorer St on February 14th. Up to now, I haven’t received anything! Not a build date or VIN, absolutely nothing. All I have is the dealer and sales codes. I call my dealer every few weeks and he keeps stating to be patient and hopefully it will get scheduled. My issue is, isn’t the 2023 model year starting production the first week of November? My vehicle was ordered at a 10 priority. On April 8th, it moved to a priority 2. So in about 6 months, nothing has changed except the priority status. I am a patient person but like I told my salesman, I’m prolonging my current lease (which I don’t really want) just to anticipate my St coming in. Looks like I have basically 1 month of build time to get scheduled (October). Anyone have any advise or wisdom to share? 

Thanks for reading. 

Brian  

Perfectly normal right now.  Some orders are taking 8-12 months.  If you’ve been reading here you should know that.

Make sure your dealer checks known issues like multi contour seats.

2 hours ago, 22ExStAB said:

Thanks for reading. 

Brian  

As akirby mentioned, it's normal.  I've had an F350 on order since 9/3/2021, and I set at the same status as you.  Good luck!

• ice-capades changed the title to 2022 Explorer ST Order