The hand built Cadillac flagship:

atomcat68

I think I like it. I'm not sold on the front end but everything else looks nice. It will stand out. I'm not sure if its going to be worth its asking price. Competing with an S-Class is one thing(Cadillac doesn't have a product that can even match that) but trying to be in a similar price bracket with a Rolls Royce and Bentley is a whole different story. 

It looks ok but not $300k ok.  Maybe it’s more striking in person?

I still don’t love that taillight treatment.  Like the Lyriq, it looks like lights from multiple cars were slapped on without any cohesion.

the interior while nicely detailed, drives me nuts in that red color. I’m sure it’ll look much better in other colors.   The 2nd row isn’t as roomy in photos as I’d expect given the vehicle’s size.

• 2 months later...

Official GM press release on 2024 Cadillac CELESTIQ. Cadillac CELESTIQ Establishes New Standard of Automotive Luxury

Highlights.

• Uses approximately 300 approved and pending patented technologies and processes
  • Every single point of light is its own light source rather than the banks of lights used in many other vehicles. These individual LEDs — more than 1,600 per vehicle (depending on the sales market) — create a richer, deeper lighting experience. The choreography is accented by the Cadillac-first Digital Micromirror Device headlamps with 1.3 million pixels per side.
  • 55-inch-diagonal advanced HD screen
  • 38-speaker AKG Studio Reference Audio System
  • No more than six vehicles will be assembled at any time, ensuring the many layers of attention and quality control are painstakingly executed
  • Expected to go into production in December 2023, with an expected MSRP to begin north of $300,000 and increase based on level of personalization
  • Availability by waitlist only 

YfseBJV.jpeg

y8XiB0U.jpeg

ZQ1TaGz.jpeg

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

6 at a time?  They’ll be lucky to sell 6 period.

CELESTIQ is the 21st century version of 1930s era Cadillac V-16, a true "standard of the world" product. Lowest annual sales for V-16 was 50 units in 1935, 1936, and 1937. Highest annual V-16 sales was 2,500 in 1930. CELESTIQ yearly sales should be between those 2 figures.

7 hours ago, rperez817 said:

CELESTIQ is the 21st century version of 1930s era Cadillac V-16, a true "standard of the world" product. Lowest annual sales for V-16 was 50 units in 1935, 1936, and 1937. Highest annual V-16 sales was 2,500 in 1930. CELESTIQ yearly sales should be between those 2 figures.

Those cars are a tiny sliver of Cadillac's past. No way are they going to convince the ultra-rich to pay Bentley money from a brand that's been building mass-produced premium cars for most of its existence. 

Edited by The Handler

I really like the way this car looks (but I also own a Porsche Panamera so I'm biased towards this shape in general I guess). The blue interior is pretty awesome... blue interior in general really needs to make a comeback. It used to be quite common until beige and gray became acceptable interior colors.

There is no mistaken this thing for the anonymous EV blob that Mercedes is selling that is for sure.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Handler said:

No way are they going to convince the ultra-rich to pay Bentley money from a brand that's been building mass-produced premium cars for most of its existence. 

Ultra-rich will be eager to get on the CELESTIQ waitlist and pay what GM is asking as long as GM handles marketing properly. In terms of the 4 P's of marketing as applied to CELESTIQ.

• Product. CELESTIQ is easily among the finest luxury sedans in automotive history. No issues here.
  • Price. CELESTIQ is a true flagship product and should be priced commensurately. GM nailed it here too.
  • Place. Exclusivity is a key attribute of CELESTIQ, the way GM is making "client's journey is fully bespoke" involving a combination of dealers and a Cadillac provided one-on-one concierge is appropriate. Too bad that GM can't do direct to consumer sales for CELESTIQ and eliminate the dealer component entirely for the sales process. GM needs to ensure that dealerships uphold the high standards it has in mind for the client journey.
  • Promotion. This is the biggest unknown. GM needs to handle promotion carefully given the bespoke nature of CELESTIQ and needs to have a very deep understanding of its core customer base. And as mentioned earlier for the "Place" aspect, the relationship between Cadillac and their dealers will dictate the success of the "Promotion" aspect too. 

• Haha 1

It just leaves me going meh with its styling. The interior is nice, but IMO if I was this stupid rich and in the market, I’d rather get the RR Specte EV instead. 

I think it’s the price that is mostly making me go WTF with this vehicle-I can see a 100-150k caddy, but it doesn’t have the cache to command a $300k price point for something that still has styling cues from cars from 20-30 years ago. 

I’d be downright suprised if they sell more the 1500 of them a year. 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 2

I still feel it looks “hunchbacked” though they certainly have done well on details.   I still don’t like that weird dual taillight treatment, though maybe it looks better in person?

I too question the market for this vehicle at that price point though.  I’m sure I’ll see some here in south Florida, though.

Performance, range, charging rate etc are not impressive at its $300K+ price point. Of course it's expensive because it's going to be low volume and hand-built.

Here are a few things Carscoops pointed out...

Celestiq features a 111 kWh battery pack that powers a dual-motor all-wheel drive system developing an estimated 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS) and 640 lb-ft (867 Nm) of torque. This setup enables the car to accelerate from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 3.8 seconds and travel approximately 300 miles (483 km) on a single charge.

Despite its flagship status, the Celestiq only supports DC fast charging up to 200 kW. That pales in comparison to the 350 kW capability offered by the Porsche Taycan and Hyundai Ioniq 5. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 4:07 AM, AM222 said:

Performance, range, charging rate etc are not impressive at its $300K+ price point. Of course it's expensive because it's going to be low volume and hand-built.

Here are a few things Carscoops pointed out...

It's kind of reminiscent of the ELR - immediately hampered by out-of-date performance. 

It does look good though. 

• 9 months later...

Cadillac's CMO confirmed a starting price of $340,000 MSRP for Celestiq a few days ago. Melissa Grady Dias on LinkedIn: #iworkforgm | 59 comments

The bespoke spirit of CELESTIQ will be determined by the client’s level of curation, but the blank canvas will start at approximately $340,000 MSRP. Please note: MSRP excludes Destination Freight Charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Dealer sets final price.

I wouldn’t give $340 for that abomination.  Ok, I’m being dramatic, but what could have been a really nice looking vehicle with a pretty sweet interior was completely ruined by the execution of the rear end.  As pointed out by others, I don’t see the value at that price point.  I do like the Hand Built Detroit badge though.  

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

For some reason, this says "Citroen" to me..

image.thumb.png.de529eccc1e4f1ec9448ac0b71f49f91.png

image.thumb.jpeg.53341f438edf8bb39667fc54b9c57e1d.jpeg

Interesting comparison! This comparison aside, Cadillac's design work has been pretty consistent for a number of years now and it's introducing new products. Lincoln keeps teasing about new product plans but has revealed no timetable for new products, nothing to show and only promises for its future!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2