Thoughts on 2008 Sport Trac w/ 4.6 V8

I recently sold my 2019 Ranger because I didn't use it very often (and it was worth a ridiculous amount of money in today's environment).  I'm looking to replace it with something much cheaper but in the same vein just so I have something to drive on the weekends and can fit some random stuff from Home Depot in the bed.

I came across a 2007 Sport Trac w/ the 4.6L. V8.  It has 107k miles and looks pretty clean and relatively promising (clean carfax, etc...).  Edit: I have not seen it in person yet.

Anything to look for on second gen Sport Tracs?  Avoid certain years or engines?  Are higher mileage examples something to avoid?

Thanks much!

294954041_10160001117389395_251758923813482641_n.thumb.jpg.261b8a6fffb56c1fb50662e0fc5f40dc.jpg

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

I recently sold my 2019 Ranger because I didn't use it very often (and it was worth a ridiculous amount of money in today's environment).  I'm looking to replace it with something much cheaper but in the same vein just so I have something to drive on the weekends and can fit some random stuff from Home Depot in the bed.

I came across a 2007 Sport Trac w/ the 4.6L. V8.  It has 107k miles and looks pretty clean and relatively promising (clean carfax, etc...).  Edit: I have not seen it in person yet.

Anything to look for on second gen Sport Tracs?  Avoid certain years or engines?  Are higher mileage examples something to avoid?

Thanks much!

For anyone looking to comment on this vehicle, here's the Window Sticker with the specifications that I retrieved for Anthony.

1FMEU53807UA06985_WS.pdf

1FMEU53807UA06985_WS.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 3

Well I bought it. What a cream puff, not even a door ding. Interior looks new and still has the factory Berber floor mats. 

But, it is in desperate need of wheel bearings. 

First thoughts is it is about 15% larger inside than my 2019 Ranger was. THIS is how big the Ranger interior should have been. Rear legroom and overall width seem a few inches larger. Very comfy!

• Like 3

Sounds really nice!  I was considering the Sport Trac Adrenaline a few years ago, but, they were pretty expensive for being an older vehicle with some miles on them.  Ended up locating a year old "new" Taurus at my local dealer and bought it instead.  Since then, ordered a Bronco, and sold the Taurus to Carvana (cleared $6K after payoff). Now saving up for the Bronco!

How does it drive? More :camera:?

Drives great!  But man this is what they considered a Limited in 2007? LOL! it literally just has power locks and windows.

I’ll take some pictures after I’ve gone over it with a clay bar and polish. 

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Drives great!  But man this is what they considered a Limited in 2007? LOL! it literally just has power locks and windows.

Anthony, the 2007 Sport Trac Order Guide is still in the OG area, you could always look at it and see what content they added to make it a Limited.

HRG

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Anthony, the 2007 Sport Trac Order Guide is still in the OG area, you could always look at it and see what content they added to make it a Limited.

HRG

Thanks @HotRunrGuy I completely forgot about that.  

Here are the additions that the Limited got over the XLT (oddly, I don't believe mine has a power sliding rear window, perhaps that was a late addition as it isn't listed on the window sticker either? It does have everything else).

791502613_ScreenShot2022-07-27at7_58_46AM.png.964c479554611bec35e83b8bfa7b9d7d.png

Edited by Anthony

13 hours ago, Anthony said:

But, it is in desperate need of wheel bearings. 

Its an easy enough job to do, but you might need to employ a sledge hammer if the hub is seized into the knuckle which is somewhat common. Once's you get the wheels and brakes off and the half shaft disconnected it's 3 bolts on the back of the knuckle. 

37 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Its an easy enough job to do, but you might need to employ a sledge hammer if the hub is seized into the knuckle which is somewhat common. Once's you get the wheels and brakes off and the half shaft disconnected it's 3 bolts on the back of the knuckle. 

Thanks fuzzy! That's what I've heard; not too hard but will involve the help of a large hammer.