2024 Mustang To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show

Meh, "will launch with carryover engines...won’t look radically different" plus hybrid and AWD not options but possible in future years?  AWD and Hybrid are the things I am waiting for to trade my 2020. Updated interior sounds cool as long as its not just on the premium trim level. But not enough to make me trade for the same power train I have now in a slightly different sheet metal and new display screens.  Maybe by 26 or 27 they will have the new power train options. 

2 hours ago, Tico said:

Meh, "will launch with carryover engines...won’t look radically different" plus hybrid and AWD not options but possible in future years?  AWD and Hybrid are the things I am waiting for to trade my 2020. Updated interior sounds cool as long as its not just on the premium trim level. But not enough to make me trade for the same power train I have now in a slightly different sheet metal and new display screens.  Maybe by 26 or 27 they will have the new power train options. 

Regarding the design, it supposedly won't be as radical as a change as what we saw from the '14 to '15 models, but some individuals who claim to have seen the final design have said it's a more radical departure that what we saw between the '09 and '10 model years. Sounds like it'll be different enough to easily tell it apart from a s550, which is good enough for me if that turns out to be true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havelock said:

This same description was given by people that had seen the 2015 mustang before it was revealed.

IMO the last refresh to the Mustang didn’t do it much favors over the 2015 styling wise 

hopefully this Gen will fix that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

IMO the last refresh to the Mustang didn’t do it much favors over the 2015 styling wise 

hopefully this Gen will fix that. 

I really liked the 2018 Refresh, enough that I bought one. Ordering a 23 Maverick Hybrid next week. 

242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n.jpg

283987875_10158209429776580_5745522968848891989_n.jpg

Edited by LSchicago
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, LSchicago said:

I really liked the 2018 Refresh, enough that I bought one. Ordering a 23 Maverick Hybrid next week. 

242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n.jpg

283987875_10158209429776580_5745522968848891989_n.jpg

Very nice! Love the color and the stripes and mods look great! 

I agree, to me the refresh improved the front (I love the headlamp eyelids being extended) and the modified taillamps more as well. I bought a 2019 Bullitt myself and love it!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

I agree, to me the refresh improved the front (I love the headlamp eyelids being extended) and the modified taillamps more as well. I bought a 2019 Bullitt myself and love it!

Thanks! I looked at the Bullitts, but decided to stick with the GT to get the new A10. It did run 11's showroom stock with the A10. The Gen 3/A10, new nose and tail lights are what made me decide to finally buy a Mustang. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spudz64 said:

The 2018 headlights are terrible, nice car otherwise...   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

What don’t you like about the headlights?  The look or the performance?

The make the car look dumpy IMO

The 2015 lights are better and obviously Ford did also because they kept them for the GT350 and GT500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The make the car look dumpy IMO

The 2015 lights are better and obviously Ford did also because they kept them for the GT350 and GT500

We can agree to disagree.  If I agreed with you, I probably wouldn’t have bought the 2018 model that I currently drive. ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

We can agree to disagree.  If I agreed with you, I probably wouldn’t have bought the 2018 model that I currently drive. ?

Same here. Love the aggressive look of the 18 and up compared to the Fusionish 2015-17 cars. 2018 checked all the boxes. 

• Like 4

On 7/28/2022 at 8:51 AM, CurtisH said:

What don’t you like about the headlights?  The look or the performance?

Looks, I thought I'd get used to them with time but honestly only dislike them more as time goes on.

Ford keeping the previous headlights on the GT350 and GT500 says a lot.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, CurtisH said:

Old headlights FTW

gt500.JPG

GT350.JPG

Edited by ESP08
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Good pickup, remembering when +500 hp was the domain of high revving GT350.

In all likelihood, it leaves good room for the 6.8l as well which should make a decent amount of HP. And that's all leaving out consideration of the Predator.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, ESP08 said:

Looks, I thought I'd get used to them with time but honestly only dislike them more as time goes on.

Ford keeping the previous headlights on the GT350 and GT500 says a lot.

Yeah, I really tried to like the 2018 and up front ends. I can concede that it's more agressive, but it's just less attractive and doesn't flow as well as the pre-facelifted design. Ford going back to a similar style of headlights as the original s550 kinda confirms they agree the 2018 refresh was a mistake imo. I don't despise the current front end, but it just feels like something sketchmonkey came up with. Something that sounded good at the time, but it just really doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, K270 said:

I wonder if we'll get "spy shots" of the 2024 without camo before the premier at the auto show?

Depends, an uncamoed prototype running out in public is possible, but extremely unlikely. Having an employee snag a quick photo of it behind closed doors does seem quite likely. It's already happened with the front end.