2024 Mustang To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show

A different but related subject:

Given that the Mustang's competitors will soon be EVs, I wonder if the EV Mustang that wasn't supposed to debut until 2028 is being pulled forward by a few years. 

The S650 will probably be in production until around 2030 either way. 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:56 PM, silvrsvt said:

The make the car look dumpy IMO

The 2015 lights are better and obviously Ford did also because they kept them for the GT350 and GT500

Ford kept the old headlights on the Shelbys because it would be very expensive to re-engineer the Shelby-specific Carbon Composite front subframe which was designed to fit the then-current 2015MY headlights. 

Edited by AM222
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, AGR said:

A different but related subject:

Given that the Mustang's competitors will soon be EVs, I wonder if the EV Mustang that wasn't supposed to debut until 2028 is being pulled forward by a few years. 

The S650 will probably be in production until around 2030 either way. 

It may not be-it will only be launched in 2023CY and maybe it will make it to 2028….it really doesn’t make sense to keep two different models of Mustang coupes going-just be like hey if you want one of the last V8 Mustangs, you have till x date to order it. 

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

Because they’re so drastically different…..

image.jpeg.2150fdf059b7962894b03e17d93fdfb1.jpeg

They are indeed pretty drastically different.  

Also photos of both have been posted already so perhaps you should read the "entire" thread before commenting and violating your own "pet peeves".  

18mustang.JPG

15Mustang.JPG

Edited by ESP08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ESP08 said:

They are indeed pretty drastically different.  

Also photos of both have been posted already so perhaps you should read the "entire" thread before commenting and violating your own "pet peeves".  

18mustang.JPG

15Mustang.JPG

Perfect angle to show how different they actually are. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, silvrsvt said:

It may not be-it will only be launched in 2023CY and maybe it will make it to 2028….it really doesn’t make sense to keep two different models of Mustang coupes going-just be like hey if you want one of the last V8 Mustangs, you have till x date to order it. 

Maybe they'll do like Corvette and launch an EV sedan first: Chevy Corvette Electric Sedan Coming 2025, Corvette SUV To Follow: Report (motor1.com)

That sedan probably means that the 4-dr Camaro EV is vaporware. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, akirby said:

Nobody posted side by side photos so get off your high horse.  And just because you prefer one over the other doesn’t mean others can’t disagree.

Well our disagreement in particular doesn't stem from subjective preferences now does it?  

You seem to be implying there isn't much actual difference between the headlights which is objectively just wrong.  

Edited by ESP08

The changes are subtle enough between the 15 and 18 that a non Mustang / Ford fan boy would not really notice. My BMW / VW fan boy co workers are amazed when I can call out the year of Mustang on the street just by looking at the front or back end. That is the point of first post I made in this thread. If the changes are only front and back facia, even moderately dramatic, it won't be big deal to most of people. As I said a new grill and head / tail lights, "meh". New power trains like AWD and hybrid options for the ecoboost? Now you will have the attention of some people who have not considering buying a Mustang recently. The V8 hybrid is not so exciting as it really does not address MPG and is more about performance aspects of adding electric drive to front wheels making it a 50K plus car. I would rather have an ecoboost hybrid starting under 40K.

50 minutes ago, ESP08 said:

Well our disagreement in particular doesn't stem from subjective preferences now does it?  

You seem to be implying there isn't much actual difference between the headlights which is objectively just wrong.  

I admitted they are more different on the side than I first thought but I still don’t see it as “drastically” different because the front view is identical.  That’s subjective.

However, you said that people who prefer the new ones are in the minority and you simply don’t know that.  My guess is 10% like the new ones, 10% like the old ones and 80% don’t know or don’t care.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, akirby said:

I admitted they are more different on the side than I first thought but I still don’t see it as “drastically” different because the front view is identical.  That’s subjective.

However, you said that people who prefer the new ones are in the minority and you simply don’t know that.  My guess is 10% like the new ones, 10% like the old ones and 80% don’t know or don’t care.

The front view only appears identical at first glance. Looking for a few seconds you can see the more aggressive downward slant on the top of the 18 up, and can clearly see the outer parts are very different. 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I know it for a fact.    Go to virtually any Mustang forum, meet, FB group etc. and take a poll and you'll find it's more like 70%+ that prefer the older style headlights.   

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

This back and forth about headlamp design/style is like beating a dead horse, no pun intended. Whether someone likes the change or not, Ford's made its decision, get used to it. 

And it's just a rendering. Ford has not released the actual final pictures yet. 

3 hours ago, LSchicago said:

Ford has not confirmed this as a final production car. I truly hope it's not. 

The leak was from 4 months ago and it's debut/preview is next month, so the design is definitely locked in at this stage specially with pre-production/prototype units running around. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ESP08 said:

I know it for a fact.    Go to virtually any Mustang forum, meet, FB group etc. and take a poll and you'll find it's more like 70%+ that prefer the older style headlights.   

That is a small fraction of actual Mustang buyers.  I bet they all hated the V6 too.

Edited by akirby

21 hours ago, AM222 said:

The leak was from 4 months ago and it's debut/preview is next month, so the design is definitely locked in at this stage specially with pre-production/prototype units running around. 

I guess I skip this round then. Ford has said they want this to be a poster car. The only poster this will be on is a missing poster. The car everyone wants on a poster is missing here. 

Edited by LSchicago

On 8/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, LSchicago said:

I guess I skip this round then. Ford has said they want this to be a poster car. The only poster this will be on is a missing poster. The car everyone wants on a poster is missing here. 

It's a good looking design. Builds on the s550, which most people agree is the best looking mustang yet. But makes it even more muscular and sharp looking. Likely in response to critics who said the s550 didn't look muscular enough.