2024 Mustang To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show

On 8/10/2022 at 3:27 AM, LSchicago said:

I guess I skip this round then. Ford has said they want this to be a poster car. The only poster this will be on is a missing poster. The car everyone wants on a poster is missing here. 

I’m reserving judgement on this, Mustang survives while Camaro will die again for the third time…

Take your annoyance and triple it for GM fans….they’re already abandoning it.

Edited by jpd80

On 8/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, LSchicago said:

I guess I skip this round then. Ford has said they want this to be a poster car. The only poster this will be on is a missing poster. The car everyone wants on a poster is missing here. 

What exactly do you want?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:01 AM, Tico said:

The changes are subtle enough between the 15 and 18 that a non Mustang / Ford fan boy would not really notice. My BMW / VW fan boy co workers are amazed when I can call out the year of Mustang on the street just by looking at the front or back end. That is the point of first post I made in this thread. If the changes are only front and back facia, even moderately dramatic, it won't be big deal to most of people. As I said a new grill and head / tail lights, "meh". New power trains like AWD and hybrid options for the ecoboost? Now you will have the attention of some people who have not considering buying a Mustang recently. The V8 hybrid is not so exciting as it really does not address MPG and is more about performance aspects of adding electric drive to front wheels making it a 50K plus car. I would rather have an ecoboost hybrid starting under 40K.

I'm a Ford fanboy and I couldn't pick either headlight design out of a lineup (then again, I have not owned a Mustang since the Fox body days). Just reading through this thread and seeing the pictures, I can see the differences in the designs, but can't remember which is what year unless someone tells me.  So while people may have their preferences, 95% of the public doesn't know the difference and won't hold whatever headlights you have against you.  ?

• Like 9

15 hours ago, akirby said:

What exactly do you want?

They went the right direction for me in 2018 with a lower more aggressive front end. To me the first S550's looked too much like a fusion in front. Ford has said they wanted the next Mustang to be a poster car. I fail to see an improvement towards that goal. The design shown looks like a love child of a 2015 Mustang, a new Camaro and Charger.  The black grille plastic at the bottom of the grille looks hideous, like it's wearing braces. Very glad I bought the 18, I just don't see any reason to desire the next gen at all. 

84182925_10156515756746580_5864266728694874112_n.jpg

242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n.jpg

Edited by LSchicago
Bad display.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Anthony said:

I'm a Ford fanboy and I couldn't pick either headlight design out of a lineup (then again, I have not owned a Mustang since the Fox body days). Just reading through this thread and seeing the pictures, I can see the differences in the designs, but can't remember which is what year unless someone tells me.  So while people may have their preferences, 95% of the public doesn't know the difference and won't hold whatever headlights you have against you.  ?

Seems like a lot lot of fuss for a car that sells 3 to 4 thousand units a month doesn't it? Wonder how many i this thread will be buying an S650 or the generation after that. I know I will trade my '20 once new power train options come along. Looks probably won't be huge factor in my decision. 

Edited by Tico

On 8/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, LSchicago said:

I guess I skip this round then. Ford has said they want this to be a poster car. The only poster this will be on is a missing poster. The car everyone wants on a poster is missing here. 

I'm withholding judgement until I see them out on the road -- that's the only way to accurately judge a car design, IMO.  

On 8/11/2022 at 9:02 AM, LSchicago said:

They went the right direction for me in 2018 with a lower more aggressive front end. To me the first S550's looked too much like a fusion in front. Ford has said they wanted the next Mustang to be a poster car. I fail to see an improvement towards that goal. The design shown looks like a love child of a 2015 Mustang, a new Camaro and Charger.  The black grille plastic at the bottom of the grille looks hideous, like it's wearing braces. Very glad I bought the 18, I just don't see any reason to desire the next gen at all. 

84182925_10156515756746580_5864266728694874112_n.jpg

242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n.jpg

I miss the S197's (specifically 2010-2014) more muscle car proportions...

B7E5878A-D6C3-4CD0-9EAA-C4857DEE06C5.jpeg

Edited by ESP08

• ice-capades changed the title to 2024 Mustang To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show
On 8/10/2022 at 1:27 AM, LSchicago said:

This version will be a poster car for sure. ?
2024-Ford-Mustang-GT3.jpg
-Carscoops

PS: The caption Ford gave when the Mustang GT3 teaser/announcement was "Our return to global sports car racing will be led by the Ford Mustang GT3, due to debut in 2024, with a new Mustang GT4 bound for the 2023 season. Welcome home!

I guess we can expect the new Mustang GT4 to be teased soon after the global debut of the '24 Mustang since it will race in the 2023 season, ahead of the new GT3 which will debut in 2024.

Edited by AM222
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

I'll be there in my 01' Bullitt

Nice car!  I had an '04 GT for 12 years and will always have a soft spot for the SN95 New Edge cars (99 to 04). Yes the newer incarnations are better but for late 90s engineering it was an nice car for the money.

9 hours ago, AM222 said:

This version will be a poster car for sure. ?
2024-Ford-Mustang-GT3.jpg
-Carscoops

PS: The caption Ford gave when the Mustang GT3 teaser/announcement was "Our return to global sports car racing will be led by the Ford Mustang GT3, due to debut in 2024, with a new Mustang GT4 bound for the 2023 season. Welcome home!

I guess we can expect the new Mustang GT4 to be teased soon after the global debut of the '24 Mustang since it will race in the 2023 season, ahead of the new GT3 which will debut in 2024.

Can't wait to see it. I still don't know if that teaser image is the actual car, thus giving us a glimpse of the design, or if it's just an artistic rendering that shares little in common with the final design lol. 

26 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Can't wait to see it. I still don't know if that teaser image is the actual car, thus giving us a glimpse of the design, or if it's just an artistic rendering that shares little in common with the final design lol. 

But if that is the final shape, I like it. Hard to tell, but the hood looks a little longer, the roof is more upright slightly.

7 hours ago, Tico said:

Nice car!  I had an '04 GT for 12 years and will always have a soft spot for the SN95 New Edge cars (99 to 04). Yes the newer incarnations are better but for late 90s engineering it was an nice car for the money.

I would love to get my hands on a terminator if I can find one in decent shape

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Tico said:

Yeah they've definitely have grown on me haha. I appreciate the design much more than I did before, not just as an owner but from a eye on design perspective. I think their respect will continue to grow, much like the Fox Body. 

And I still see new edge stangs on the road often which is nice. 

10 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I came across a version of that image with a disclaimer that it was a rendering or something like that. Lol I'm sure the artist had a CG 3D model as a guide. The basic design for the GT3 should probably be locked in by now.

The Ford GT race car was revealed some 7 months before its 2016 race debut, so I'm guessing the Mustang GT3 could be revealed sometime next year?

• 3 months later...

It’s looking like it’s nearly confirmed the carryover 5.0 engine will be having the carryover power.  Disappointing for the performance enthusiast, when they can’t even do a marginal bump in power like 10 or 15 Hp to make it seems like they did something. Another let down like the Gen 3 Raptor.  

https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/2024-ford-mustang-gt-window-sticker-shows-horsepower-rating/