2024 Mustang To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I guess technically they have the 3.3L v6 from F150 and Explorer HEV but the 2.3 probably gets better mpg with more power.  They don’t have any smaller RWD powertrains ready to drop in that I’m aware of.

RWD Transit and Ranger have smaller 2.0 EcoBlue diesel that can drop in Explorer or Mustang but not much smaller than the 2.3 EB. Plus there is probably no real demand for a diesel Mustang...

On 11/28/2022 at 11:04 PM, hand-filer said:

Couldn't disagree more with your stereotypical view of old car fanboys. Current Mustang owner and owner of several mustangs going back to 1974.

Bro, how often do you come across people in comment sections who genuinely believe older cars were built to last longer than more modern cars? I see it all the time and it's ridiculous. In the 70s, your average car didn't even last 7 years before being scrapped. These days, 7 years is nothing.

• Like 1

A lot off the old car guys have what the AAers call "euphoric recall" when praising half century old cars. Truth is, the 60s big block Mustangs were so nose heavy that they couldn't put their power to the ground anyway, as for the small blocks even the GT350 was slower than today's Ecoboost powered Mustang. In SCCA Autocross racing even the newer Fox body Mustangs were no faster than the Corvairs until the SCCA allowed wider tires so they could get some traction. And don't get me started on what ill handling pigs 55-57 Chevies were and how badly the C2 Corvettes steered when they weren't trying to take off...