Super Duty Star White metallic vin specific bonus cash $3000

Does anyone have specifics on this Bonus cash incentive? It has been 8 months from my order and don't trust my dealer to know any thing about this. It says Vin specific and have no idea how to check this. My f450 Lariat is expected for delivery in next couple weeks, not holding breath and would like to know if I'm eligible for it.

I feel like I should check myself so as not to sensationalize.  I don't know if this is a widespread problem or just a few trucks.

• On the FTE forums, there are 2 users who have said their newly delivered trucks have star white paint problems.
    • One already had his truck delivered before he noticed that the entire truck, with the exception of the bumpers, looked like it was missing the flakes in it that make it star white. It looks like truck is oxford white and the bumpers are star white. He is working things out with dealer now. No pics yet...
    • Another user was contacted by his dealer that his truck had arrived, but the star white paint had no flake in it. That user said that Ford offered him a $3k rebate to accept it or he could reorder (which of course could mean a lot of things). Also, no pics...
  • Then, on this post in this forum, Gamehunter above mentions that he is seeing some VIN-specific rebate for Star White trucks...

But eventually my emotions get stirred up and I can't help but start typing more sensationalized sentences...

How is it possible that QC is so bad that these trucks are showing up at the dealer, and in some cases delivered, with what must be obvious paint failure?  

If one person can see the defect, many can. Is this how low my beloved marque has fallen? Are they really playing the "just deliver it and see if they notice" game??

Can you imagine adding an extra-cost paint option on your platinum truck order, probably having to remove certain other options to get it scheduled, waiting 10 months+ for it through several price increases, having Ford pull your massaging seats and give you $300 back, and then have the truck show up with obviously defective paint, and then have Ford and the dealer try to deliver it in hopes that you don't notice?  The $3k offer is better than nothing, but who would subject themselves to another order/wait after that experience? What would be deleted on the subsequent re-order by the time it came in and at what price increase? 

Which is why I say...what the heck is going on??

I haven't seen another Star White anything so I don't know if mine has the right amount of flake or not. In sunlight it looks plain white until you get close and at an angle. It is probably the way it is supposed to work.

bob

15 hours ago, Bob R said:

I haven't seen another Star White anything so I don't know if mine has the right amount of flake or not. In sunlight it looks plain white until you get close and at an angle. It is probably the way it is supposed to work.

bob

I think if you compare the body to the bumpers or other parts and it looks the same you should be good.