Is the Nautilus in production now?

I signed a 2022 Nautilus contract, but there is still no news.

Aren't 2023 models built after all 2022 orders have been made?

There is no information on what options will be added or removed from the 2023 model. Can the order contracted in July be changed to the 2023 model like Porsche?

1 hour ago, CHCHCH said:

I signed a 2022 Nautilus contract, but there is still no news.

Aren't 2023 models built after all 2022 orders have been made?

There is no information on what options will be added or removed from the 2023 model. Can the order contracted in July be changed to the 2023 model like Porsche?

The production schedule for the 2022/2023MY Lincoln Nautilus is available at the 2023 Lincoln Nautilus Production Information forum.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74041-2023-lincoln-nautilus-production-information/

As noted in the thread, the 2023 Lincoln Nautilus USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is now due to open on 08/05/2022. The order guide should be available at that time and will be posted to the Dealer Order Guides section where it will be available for download. 

Unscheduled 2022MY orders cannot be converted to the 2023 Model Year and must be submitted as a new 2023MY order.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Randy_H said:

I ordered a 2022 Nautilus Reserve on Aug. 3.  Does this mean that I will have to reorder a 2023 model?  The dealer said the order would rollover to a '23 and the price was locked in.  I went ahead and traded in my CRV to save on taxes.  

Final 2022 Nautilus orders aren't due until August 25th so there's still two more weeks of 2022MY Nautilus scheduling plus "Cleanup" scheduling before 2022MY scheduling is balanced out. 

If your 2022 Nautilus order doesn't get scheduled prior to "Balance Out", the Job #1 Date for the 2023MY Nautilus isn't until 10/24/2022, as posted in the 2023 Nautilus Production Information forum at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74041-2023-lincoln-nautilus-production-information/

Per Friday's revised FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated scheduling and production timetable for the 2022/2023MY Lincoln Nautilus.

• 05/20/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 08/11/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/21/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 08/05/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/15/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/24/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

All dates are subject to change. 

Unscheduled retail orders do not automatically rollover to the following Model Year and price protection is not automatically applied to the new Model Year. Ford/Lincoln is offering different compensation for unscheduled retail orders depending on the vehicle line. You might want to ask your Lincoln Dealer for a copy of the documentation stating what Lincoln's changeover policy is for the 2023MY Nautilus in regard to unscheduled retail 2022MY orders. 

On 8/15/2022 at 8:04 AM, Randy_H said:

I ordered a 2022 Nautilus Reserve on Aug. 3.  Does this mean that I will have to reorder a 2023 model?  The dealer said the order would rollover to a '23 and the price was locked in.  I went ahead and traded in my CRV to save on taxes.  

Got email from Lincoln today with VIN and production date of Sept. 19.

• 1 month later...

Ok, update on my order.  Got email from Lincoln with production date week of Sept. 26.  Got email from dealer that car was built on 27th and they would let me know ETA.  Got email from Lincoln yesterday, car has NOT been built, no estimated time that it would be built, and they would update me every 45 days as to the status.  This is not acceptable.

37 minutes ago, Randy_H said:

Ok, update on my order.  Got email from Lincoln with production date week of Sept. 26.  Got email from dealer that car was built on 27th and they would let me know ETA.  Got email from Lincoln yesterday, car has NOT been built, no estimated time that it would be built, and they would update me every 45 days as to the status.  This is not acceptable.

It’s probably built but not shipped yet and you got a standard form letter saying delivery would be delayed.  Double check with the dealer and the VVR to get current status.

If it’s not acceptable walk away.   But you’ve only been waiting 2 months.  The average time on orders is more like 3-4 months with some taking 6-12 months.  Have you checked online inventories to see if what you want is in stock somewhere?

40 minutes ago, Randy_H said:

Ok, got email from dealership's Internet Manager.  She sent pictures of (VVR?) showing the car STATUS:STOCKINPLANT.  So, this means car is built, just wait to get shipped?  Thanks for your help.

Can you post the Vehicle Visibility Report? "StockInPlant" is not a normal status. Is this an incoming "Dealer Stock Order" or a retail order? There's additional information on the report that will provide the current status and more.  

1 hour ago, Randy_H said:

one more...

HerzigBuild[7108].jpg

Again... this is not from the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. It's a screen capture from the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and not used for order status as it lacks the more accurate, current and detailed information available from the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. 

The Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice were created on 09/20/2022 for the vehicle ordered by Eckenrod Lincoln in Cullman, AL.

2022 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve FWD

VIN #2LMPJ6K93NBL23927

2LMPJ6K93NBL23927_WS.pdf

2LMPJ6K93NBL23927_WS.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

55 minutes ago, Randy_H said:

Just got this from dealership.

1840897150_HerzigBuild47111.thumb.jpg.8915b5e0e32d28bb5f5b216d59a6eb3f.jpg

I don't know if the Oakville plant has had down time lately, but the status should have been updated since 09/19/2022 with a different status and additional information by now. Either way, the vehicle went into production and should have been produced by now. By now I'd expect to see "Produced" status at a minimum or a shipping release, rail carrier and rail car number information and the ETA information. 

Typical Dealer though in that they use low quality screen captures, showing partial information, that you can barely read. With the limited information provided here, it would have been more interesting to see the "Full Table" which shows the entire order history with every status update. It's so much better to save the information in a .PDF file.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

2 hours ago, Randy_H said:

Best I can do...

Nautilus VVR2.pdf

Not much to tell at this point. The vehicle evidently went into production but if there's been plant down time that would explain the delay in production status updates, etc. There's really nothing you or the Dealer can do until there's a new status update in the Vehicle Visibility system. FYI... The Oakville Assembly Plant has scheduled down time the week of October 17th.