2023 Lincoln Corsair To Drop Optional 2.3L I-4 EcoBoost Engine

On 9/28/2022 at 1:52 PM, paintguy said:

The 1989 to 1995 Ford Taurus SHO engine bay was a good looker. That Yamaha built engine had purposeful intakes. Opening that hood was always a joy. My 2014 SHO, looks like it was outsourced to Rubbermaid. My friend's, Lexus 450h is even worse. Removed about a dozen push pins to find the air cleaner.

I agree with you on the old SHO engine it is a work of art but the new Ford/Lincoln engines without covers look very ugly and messy.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:40 AM, fordmantpw said:

Why fumble for the fob when you can just touch the front door the same you would the back?  I know, it's one extra step, but sheesh, it's not near enough to make me switch brands and buy an inferior vehicle.

Because you actually have to cup the handle for it to unlock, if you touch the front it just stays locked.

In the past few days they just pulled the heated steering wheel and heated mirrors from the F-150 and are giving credit (Wonder what vehicles are next). I wouldn't own a vehicle without those, the Steering wheel is mainly comfort but living where it snows. ice builds up, the mirrors a safety feature more than a convenience. The F-150 is fast becoming the inferior vehicle in the segment with all the equipment deletions. My 2021 Platinum has considerably more equipment than a 2023 Platinum has, yet had a Sticker price of $8,000 less than the new 2023.

50 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Because you actually have to cup the handle for it to unlock, if you touch the front it just stays locked.

"Touch" the front door handle as in stick your hand in, confirm you hear the locks actuate, then remove your hand.  Takes two seconds and much less fuss than digging out the fob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

In the past few days they just pulled the heated steering wheel and heated mirrors from the F-150 and are giving credit (Wonder what vehicles are next). I wouldn't own a vehicle without those, the Steering wheel is mainly comfort but living where it snows. ice builds up, the mirrors a safety feature more than a convenience. The F-150 is fast becoming the inferior vehicle in the segment with all the equipment deletions. My 2021 Platinum has considerably more equipment than a 2023 Platinum has, yet had a Sticker price of $8,000 less than the new 2023.

And you have the option of refusing a vehicle without those items.  Ford isn't the only one with these problems.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  They're doing everything they can do.  I've heard part of the reason the '23 Super Duty did not come with Blue Cruise was because they didn't feel they could reliable get the parts.

36 minutes ago, j2sys said:

"Touch" the front door handle as in stick your hand in, confirm you hear the locks actuate, then remove your hand.  Takes two seconds and much less fuss than digging out the fob.

Precisely!  I'm thankful I don't have to fumble around with keys or get the fob out of my pocket, even if I do have to spend those extra 2 seconds to touch the front door handle.

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

The other problem with this is that you must have the locks set to unlock all doors, if you have it set to only unlock drivers door it will not work. Having to go to some rough parts of the City with work the last thing I want is someone getting in the vehicle from the passenger side of the vehicle when I get it, I don't need to open the back doors then so I keep it set for just the drivers door. It is nothing but a cost savings measure, which is good for my Stock but bad for my ownership.

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

And you have the option of refusing a vehicle without those items.  Ford isn't the only one with these problems.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  They're doing everything they can do.  I've heard part of the reason the '23 Super Duty did not come with Blue Cruise was because they didn't feel they could reliable get the parts.

I would had I ordered one, and it seems many people on the F150 forums are considering the same thing at some point people walk, at least give then the option to keep it and wait or delete and get built sooner. You're buying an 80K+ truck and no heated wheel or heated mirrors, at least offer to retrofit on those units, For the $1,000 it would have cost you would have kept good will on the most profitable units you're selling (The heated wheel is only available on the High trim Lariat and above) 

I've heard the same thing for why it is not on the 2023 Escape only the Corsair and then only at the top of the line trim.