Ford Pass Deep Sleep Mode

pdough

• 2 weeks later...

Following along. Just picked up my 250 Lariat last Friday and it’s exhibiting the same problem. I’m going to try logging out of everything and resetting just for fun, but if that many people are experiencing the same problem, it seems like a software or hardware problem like what was discussed before. Fingers crossed it’s just software. Waiting 8 months on a truck makes me not want to wait on any parts! Haha

• Like 1

Picked up my new F-350 on Monday and immediately started getting 'deep sleep' notifications..  Getting 5 or 6 a day.  Took the truck in yesterday to get a cracked mirror replaced and quizzed the service advisor.  For what it's worth he said the software fix is not available yet and to make sure my truck was connected to wifi at home and the fix would be pushed down when available.

29 minutes ago, KonevTremor said:

Well October is almost over and no updates on this fix. extremely annoying to get the nomination on top of the fact that the app features (remote start and etc) dont work.   

Over on another forum they are reporting the fix is out and some have had it done.  Requires a re-flash of the BCM.  SSM# 51140.  I'm going to wait awhile to make sure there are no unintended consequences.  

23 minutes ago, PineNut said:

Over on another forum they are reporting the fix is out and some have had it done.  Requires a re-flash of the BCM.  SSM# 51140.  I'm going to wait awhile to make sure there are no unintended consequences.  

I do have an appointment at ford tomorrow. Ill see what the tech says. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, AFJ said:

Have an appointment next month with a dealership to correct same problem.  What, if anything, are the results of a "...reset of parameters and forescan"?

Anything in the BCM that you changed with Forscan will be reverted back to factory settings. 

I just had mine reprogrammed yesterday. The fix definitely worked for me. As expected, I lost Bambi mode and bright DRL's with headlights. I reprogrammed both with Forscan once I got home from the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...