Recall on Corsair GT

34 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Can someone please tell me why stuff like this isn't caught in testing. They run all sorts of test with instruments and probes and they can't see that something hot with oil and fuel vapors near by would be a problem if a leak developed? 

Usually something changed late in the project and things weren’t retested or remodeled properly.  E.g. maybe they had to tweak the shield during mpg testing and it inadvertently caused this problem and they did not retest everything.

18 hours ago, akirby said:

Usually something changed late in the project and things weren’t retested or remodeled properly.  E.g. maybe they had to tweak the shield during mpg testing and it inadvertently caused this problem and they did not retest everything.

Oh now I feel better. I just thought someone screwed up. Glad no one got fired over this.

26 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Oh now I feel better. I just thought someone screwed up. Glad no one got fired over this.

You asked how it could happen - that’s a more likely scenario than “they forgot to test it”.  Either way somebody somewhere screwed up but it’s also possible they knew this might be a problem but decided it was low risk and wasn’t worth retesting.  That’s what happened with the Bronco tops.  And the only way to fix that is to make it worse for the decision makers to have this happen as opposed to delaying the launch and doing more testing.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You asked how it could happen - that’s a more likely scenario than “they forgot to test it”.  Either way somebody somewhere screwed up but it’s also possible they knew this might be a problem but decided it was low risk and wasn’t worth retesting.  That’s what happened with the Bronco tops.  And the only way to fix that is to make it worse for the decision makers to have this happen as opposed to delaying the launch and doing more testing.

I guess that's why Ford has so many recalls. Don't do it right the first time, let the customer deal with it later then we'll fix it. That is just plain stupid business practice. And that's why I have said in other threads that the talk of fixing the quality issues at Ford is just Blah, blah, blah........They will never change ever

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

I guess that's why Ford has so many recalls. Don't do it right the first time, let the customer deal with it later then we'll fix it. That is just plain stupid business practice. And that's why I have said in other threads that the talk of fixing the quality issues at Ford is just Blah, blah, blah........They will never change ever

That's correct coupe3w. As I mentioned in one of those other threads, until Ford's corporate culture undergoes a transformation with totally different talent and a totally different mindset, product quality problems will remain at Ford.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

It’s more like, do it right the first time if possible but don’t delay the program and don’t go over budget to do it.