Payload discrepancy??

psmith79

I am picking up my truck now. The payload I was promised does not match at all the payload on the sticker. Sticker says 2773 and the payload I was promised was 4150. I have a F250 XLT, crew cab, long bed, 7.3L engine, with the bigger 18" tires, the 70r tires also, and the camper package. Am I just way off here, or is there something wrong? I ordered all of that for the larger payload, but it doesn't appear to matter...

54 minutes ago, psmith79 said:

That is what they explained to me also. Apparently the young man that took my order was mistaken when he gave me the payload numbers. Oh well I still love it and if it isn't enough for a camper I get I'll order another one.

If it was an F350 with the Camper pkg, then your gvwr would have gone up from standard 11,300 gvwr to something higher, like 11.4 or 11.5k gvwr, giving you the payload you wanted.  The highest gvwr I’ve seen on BOF with a gasser F350 was 11.9k gvwr, which had almost 4500lbs payload.

F250 add ons for camper, etc detract from max 10k gvwr.  On F350, they add to and above standard 11.3k gvwr.

On a positive note, you’re good with most TTs, if not inbed camper.

Sorry to hear about the order mistakes.

PS Use it, enjoy it, and order another with proper specs…then trade it back when new one comes in…also, get them to commit to good deal, since they messed the first order on payload.

21 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

If it was an F350 with the Camper pkg, then your gvwr would have gone up from standard 11,300 gvwr to something higher, like 11.4 or 11.5k gvwr, giving you the payload you wanted.  The highest gvwr I’ve seen on BOF with a gasser F350 was 11.9k gvwr, which had almost 4500lbs payload.

F250 add ons for camper, etc detract from max 10k gvwr.  On F350, they add to and above standard 11.3k gvwr.

Standard GVWR on a F350 is 12,400.

3 hours ago, road turtle said:

The biggest difference between F250 & F350 is the helper spring.  I'd be looking to add that or bags and be done.  Yes I know, he'll be "legally" over weight, but sometimes...

Have no knowledge of US Insurance terms & conditions, but our insurance would be invalid, if we were overweight. If I write-off a $100K+ truck, it is highly likely the insurance company will be checking weights to try and prevent having to payout.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, Rangers09 said:

Have no knowledge of US Insurance terms & conditions, but our insurance would be invalid, if we were overweight. If I write-off a $100K+ truck, it is highly likely the insurance company will be checking weights to try and prevent having to payout.

This exactly.

Also, cops are always on the lookout for overloaded tows/hauls.

Another thing - the truck may cost $100k, but what are you towing? You might be towing a 250k boat. Guess what - the boat is insured under your auto insurance when towing, so that wouldn't be covered either!! The boat only goes back to your marine insurance when it's on its trailer detached from the truck, or it's in the water :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThatTruckGuy said:

This exactly.

Also, cops are always on the lookout for overloaded tows/hauls.

Another thing - the truck may cost $100k, but what are you towing? You might be towing a 250k boat. Guess what - the boat is insured under your auto insurance when towing, so that wouldn't be covered either!! The boat only goes back to your marine insurance when it's on its trailer detached from the truck, or it's in the water :)

We tow a 41' 5th wheel, which would be around 200K to replace. While it is insured on the road separately, I have no doubt they would NOT pay out if the trailer overloaded the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Took delivery of a 2022 Platinum F350 SRW with a 6.7 Diesel and 11,500 GVWR.

Ford Client Proposal Sheet showed a payload of 3930 LBS based on the options on the truck.

The truck as delivered has a ACTUAL payload rating of 3394 lbs.  (536 lbs difference)

Took the truck to the scales and the curb weight was 8200 lbs, not the 7676 lbs that was in the Ford Client Proposal Sheet.

So it seems that the Ford Client Proposal Sheets are not accurate!  I triple checked mine and everything in the proposal sheet matched the window sticker as far as options went.  It’s the Curb weight that is off.

20211115_230326.jpg

350 srw xlt 7.3 cclb 4x4 5thwheel snowplow/camper pkg,

Built the truck for payload , without having to go to drw.

This was pretty close to what it shows online before I bought the truck.  I added and got rid of some options that changed the number , but it worked out to be pretty close.

Screenshot_20210725-085649_Office Mobile.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR