Next Gen Edge in China

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Perspective - sorry, I worded that wrongly,

Of the 120,000 sales last month, 40,000 were the Chang’an JV passenger vehicles (the sales I meant as minuscule)

the rest were commercials made by Jiangling Motors JV, selling mostly Transit, Tourneo and Everest.

But JMC-Ford produces some of the passenger vehicles like the Equator. 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:47 AM, jpd80 said:

120,000 sales in Q2 is minuscule (covid affected?) in a market where sales of Chinese brand sales are taking off. It’s another sign of how slow and late Ford is to the market and why they now missing out big time. 
These vehicles would have made sense five or seven years ago but now stick out as the last of ICE.

Ford has no affordable BEVs, they haven’t a clue how to produce vehicles like that and make a profit.

Thats why I think Ford is in real trouble in Europe, they signed up for two MEB vehicles that now look

like white elephants (no profit) and have rapidly switched to what looks like own design C2 based BEVs

and BEV subcompact Puma (I love this one)

Yes, affected by the recent lockdowns but the two new models still posted good numbers specially the all-new Mondeo. Ford's scheduled roll out of new gen models in China just happened to be during the pandemic. Ford China also exports vehicles to LHD Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East, and South America.

If Ford built the Puma/ Puma EV in China, Ford would have a source for more affordable subcompact crossovers for China and its export markets. Right now, the Puma and I assume the upcoming Puma EV will only be built in Europe  — bad idea.

Edited by AM222

2 hours ago, AM222 said:

Yes, affected by the recent lockdowns but the two new models still posted good numbers specially the all-new Mondeo. Ford's scheduled roll out of new gen models in China just happened to be during the pandemic. Ford China also exports vehicles to LHD Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East, and South America.

If Ford built the Puma/ Puma EV in China, Ford would have a source for more affordable subcompact crossovers for China and its export markets. Right now, the Puma and I assume the upcoming Puma EV will only be built in Europe  — bad idea.

Well said, you’d think Puma and Puma EV would be first up starters in China, maybe die to delivering

all those ICE vehicles instead of BEVs, very hard to turn the ship around with commitment like that….