Stuck in production waiting for spray in bed liner

Is anyone else stuck in production status while waiting for their spray in bedliner to be installed? My truck went into production 7/26 and was built 7/27 (AsBuilt modules) and it’s been in that status since then. Dealer says VVR states it was released to body company. Shoot I even called GFX and tried to get them to track it down and they said even with a vin they couldn’t do it. Ok then how long does it usually take? They said only a few days once it hits their lot. So is my truck just sitting at a lot at KTP waiting to get driven down the street?? Frustrating. Anyone else in a similar situation with waiting for the bedliner install and no one knows what’s going on? Going on 3 weeks like this. 

36 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Is anyone else stuck in production status while waiting for their spray in bedliner to be installed? My truck went into production 7/26 and was built 7/27 (AsBuilt modules) and it’s been in that status since then. Dealer says VVR states it was released to body company. Shoot I even called GFX and tried to get them to track it down and they said even with a vin they couldn’t do it. Ok then how long does it usually take? They said only a few days once it hits their lot. So is my truck just sitting at a lot at KTP waiting to get driven down the street?? Frustrating. Anyone else in a similar situation with waiting for the bedliner install and no one knows what’s going on? Going on 3 weeks like this. 

There are many factors causing delays, in addition to the Spray-In Bedliner option, that may be affecting your vehicle that are unrelated to the bedliner installation. The Vehicle Visibility report is the most accurate resource for the vehicle's most recent status update. 

GFX works for Ford in installing factory ordered Spray-In Bedliners. With the overwhelming retail order demand, the last thing they need is customers calling them for status updates. Sorry, but I can't blame them (GFX) for not providing the status information to you. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There are many factors causing delays, in addition to the Spray-In Bedliner option, that may be affecting your vehicle that are unrelated to the bedliner installation. The Vehicle Visibility report is the most accurate resource for the vehicle's most recent status update. 

GFX works for Ford in installing factory ordered Spray-In Bedliners. With the overwhelming retail order demand, the last thing they need is customers calling them for status updates. Sorry, but I can't blame them (GFX) for not providing the status information to you. 

Well to be fair, she didn’t say she wouldn’t, she said she did not have the power to even if she wanted. She told me to contact my dealer. She assumed I must’ve bought from a local dealer who took it there to have the bedliner installed, which I gladly went along with :) 

After 3 weeks of no movement for one accessory install I don’t think a 1 minute call kindly asking for any information hurt anyone or bogged them down. 

I’ll contact my dealer again, but it’s probably still on status “Released to Body company”. Oh well. Just trying to gauge if others are in the same boat and how long they were in it, is all. 

5 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

After 3 weeks of no movement for one accessory install I don’t think a 1 minute call kindly asking for any information hurt anyone or bogged them down. 

But it’s not one call - there are thousands waiting for bedliners.

48 minutes ago, River Wild said:

FWIW - Getting the spray-in liner from Ford has always caused a delay in production.  When I ordered my 2017 it was usually a 3 week delay.  My dealer does it (or has a local shop do it) for the same cost and takes a day.

Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, 3 weeks from getting initially produced to shipped or 3 weeks to be scheduled/etc.?

5 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, 3 weeks from getting initially produced to shipped or 3 weeks to be scheduled/etc.?

Did your dealer not discuss with you the potential delays in getting the factory spray-in liner. I would have expected the dealer to advise you of the delays and suggest the dealer have the liner installed when the truck arrived at the dealer.

When my truck arrived at the dealer, it was sent to the local Line-X for the spray in liner.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Did your dealer not discuss with you the potential delays in getting the factory spray-in liner. I would have expected the dealer to advise you of the delays and suggest the dealer have the liner installed when the truck arrived at the dealer.

When my truck arrived at the dealer, it was sent to the local Line-X for the spray in liner.

Of course. But they were playing games about losing price protection if I took it off. So in order not the blame those games or give them any “in” to drop price protection, I opted to hold it. But no they didn’t say anything about the actual production time taking longer. Just getting scheduled, etc.  

My understanding back in 17 was it didn't affect schedule since the truck doesn't go across the street for the liner until it's built.  Then it sits there until it works through that line and gets sprayed, hence the longer "production" time.  I doubt that's changed.  Using this forum and FTE, the word was around a 3 week delay back then.  When I ordered, dealer advised not to do it.  When I ordered my 22, they said nothing has changed as far as that goes.    

2 hours ago, River Wild said:

My understanding back in 17 was it didn't affect schedule since the truck doesn't go across the street for the liner until it's built.  Then it sits there until it works through that line and gets sprayed, hence the longer "production" time.  I doubt that's changed.  Using this forum and FTE, the word was around a 3 week delay back then.  When I ordered, dealer advised not to do it.  When I ordered my 22, they said nothing has changed as far as that goes.    

Ah. Well that information would have been helpful from them! Thanks for providing it. Exactly what I was looking for. I’m on day 20 since built right now so I reckon my number should get called any day now. Thank you, again. ?

2 hours ago, River Wild said:

Because of the huge increase in factory liners due to more special orders (dealers almost never ordered this for stock vehicles opting to let the customer do it or do it for them at purchase time) Ford did put commodity holds on it.  If they didn’t do that there might be a 3 month backup of built vehicles waiting for bedliner.

• Like 1

My CCSB Lariat was just built recently

Came off of line 8-4-22 15:30:50

Released to External Body Company  8-4-22 16:56:43   Fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner

Released for shipment  8-5-22 07:35:28 

Arrived at dealer 4 hours away 8-6-22 

Seems to be no real rhyme or reason to Fords strategy 

I am very happy to have it !!   Ordered 2-12-22  

IMG_0025.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hybryd40 said:

My CCSB Lariat was just built recently

Came off of line 8-4-22 15:30:50

Released to External Body Company  8-4-22 16:56:43   Fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner

Released for shipment  8-5-22 07:35:28 

Arrived at dealer 4 hours away 8-6-22 

Seems to be no real rhyme or reason to Fords strategy 

I am very happy to have it !!   Ordered 2-12-22  

IMG_0025.jpg

Are you kidding me?! ? you must’ve driven past a four leaf clover or something. Regardless congrats. Makes me wonder if mine is in some sort of no mans land and lost in the shuffle ?. Guess there’s no point in speculating or worrying. No one knows anything that’s going on, it seems. If I don’t get anything by the end of next week I might have to go Karen on someone at corporate or something to locate this damn vehicle.