Ford's Payload Calculation Method?

Polobbie

Does anyone know if Ford uses predetermined weights for various trim levels, accessories, packages, and options to calculate the resulting payload on the door sticker or if they actually weigh each completed truck coming off the line and simply deduct that weight from the truck's GVWR?

Thanks

Thank aKirby,

So if I ordered a truck with the retractable cover, does the payload sticker not include the weight for that accessory?  I'm guessing you meant to say the payload sticker does not include accessories added by owner after delivery?

2 hours ago, Polobbie said:

Thank aKirby,

So if I ordered a truck with the retractable cover, does the payload sticker not include the weight for that accessory?  I'm guessing you meant to say the payload sticker does not include accessories added by owner after delivery?

Should include any factory options.

8 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I still do not understand why a 250 with the HCTTP which gives the 250 the same axle and springs as the 350 yet gets a lower rating vs the 350.   I really do not care as I will tow as if the truck is a 350.

It’s because your F250 diesel, even with hcttp, is 10.8k gvwr, vice 12k-ish for F350 diesel.

• 3 weeks later...