Lincoln's Twitter Posted This

It's the Lincoln Model L100 Concept revealed at Pebble Beach. A homage to the 1922 Lincoln Model L as part of brand's 100th anniversary celebration. It's got the long hood/short deck coupe look. Could this also be a hint of Mustang coupe EV in terms of basic silhouette design?? ? ? Has 4 seats with odd opening doors and roof, which is typical with concept cars. I like it and can't wait to see what Lincoln has planned for its EVs.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2022/08/18/lincoln-model-l100-concept-reveal.html

https://www.motortrend.com/events/lincoln-model-l100-concept-first-look-review/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/lincoln-model-l100-concept-monterey-pebble-beach/

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/lincoln-model-l100-concept/

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I went into this teaser video expecting it to be yet another crossover. But it looks like a coupe or sedan as I said in another forum. Hopefully Lincoln builds it. 

Looks like we both called it: it's a coupe!! ? It does look like it could hint at Mustang EV. I like it. Will make its debut at Pebble Beach this weekend.

46 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

How so? It's gorgeous and will likely influence future models. 

Different strokes for different folks. It looks like a door stop to me. The back is actually the best looking side of this, which is funny because that was also true of the Lincoln Star concept. But both this and the Star were plagued with strange proportions, and a very uninspiring front. If these vehicles show Lincoln’s new design language, then I am not a fan. 

Lincoln has made some really cool concepts, MKR, MK9, the Continental from 2002, this is just not one of them. The best they have done this year is the Zephyr concept out of China.

Edited by T-dubz

Another impractical concept that is totally unaligned with product direction shown in the last 10 years. No Lincoln Sedan. No Coupe since the Mark VIII. When you have trouble selling sedans and your customer base is old, a low, door stop shaped vehicle not likely. But it does look like a car the alien from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" might drive.

37 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Lincoln has made some really cool concepts, MKR, MK9, the Continental from 2002, this is just not one of them. The best they have done this year is the Zephyr concept out of China.

You’re confusing production concepts with futuristic art that showcases technology and design concepts.  I don’t really like these non production concepts personally but from that standpoint I think it’s well executed.

41 minutes ago, Dequindre said:

When is Lincoln's next production vehicle slated to drop? It would be neat to see the general shape of this concept influence the rumored large EV crossover (or better yet, an actual production sedan/couple similar to the Celestiq). 

BORG over at GMI said none of Lincoln’s EVs in development are sedans and that this concept is not based on anything coming to market.

Another person over there called this a VHS Tape Rewinder and I’d say that’s a pretty accurate description ? 

• Haha 2

It's a shame, I'm already preparing for a letdown.  When the announcement came out about Lincoln Star, to find out NOTHING was to come of it, was a bad tease.  If this is going to be a release of a "philosophy, a Technology a wish and a prayer", then don't bother...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbone said:

D99F7326-A81E-4571-95D5-1ADFA2A6BEF5.thumb.jpeg.52b9f53c0184fb2c3cc10fb11a4bb04a.jpegIt’s good until it gets to the rear area for me. I don’t dig that side profile.  My first thought was they were bringing back the car from the movie Wraith. 

I kinda see where you're coming from, it looks a little odd where the windshield ends, then you basically have a flat roof, and then a sloping rear. Having a more curved roofline would look better. I also don't love the body colored wheels, but that's a concept thing obviously. The sketches mostly have normal looking wheels, and with that setup, it looks amazing. Which is a good thing, considering that's how it would look if this gets put into production. I could be completely wrong, but there's a chance we're looking at a next gen continental flagship here imo.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Handler said:

How exciting. Another run-of-the-mill futuristic design study with [insert brand name] badges. 

This sleek fastback profile that ends with a "Kammback" design is supposed to be aerodynamic, you'll see it in Mercedes-Benz's recent Vision EQXX Concept.
mercedes-vision-eqxx.jpg
Lincoln's Model L100 Concept
lincoln-l100-concept-003.jpg?auto=webp&w

Edited by AM222

Another Science Project.  Farley should invest his money much more wisely.  This was an exercise to keep a few jobs , so the designers do not lose any more moral than has been already. Invest and put your money where it will be put to good use and make financial sense.  

50 minutes ago, escapeman said:

Another Science Project.  Farley should invest his money much more wisely.  This was an exercise to keep a few jobs , so the designers do not lose any more moral than has been already. Invest and put your money where it will be put to good use and make financial sense.  

I thought this was something the new design boss wanted to do.

• ice-capades changed the title to Lincoln's Twitter Posted This
15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Different strokes for different folks. It looks like a door stop to me. The back is actually the best looking side of this, which is funny because that was also true of the Lincoln Star concept. But both this and the Star were plagued with strange proportions, and a very uninspiring front. If these vehicles show Lincoln’s new design language, then I am not a fan. 

Yes, different strokes. I actually like the front look of both this concept and the star. The side and rear views leave me cold.

• Like 1