Cost to replace a Cmax Hybrid battery?

bobbyd

1 hour ago, akirby said:

YOu shouldn’t need to replace that battery for a long time.  2011 Fusion hybrids are still going strong.

Thanks for responding. I discovered the replacement cost is about $6200!! However, after talking to my Ford dealer I am told it's $8000....not $6200!! 

Edited by bobbyd

• 4 weeks later...

My 2013 C-Max SEL is over 142,000 miles; I ordered mine in August of 2012 and took delivery in Las Vegas in October of 2012.

The battery is definitely long in the tooth, but by no means needs to be replaced. Over the last 6 years I have lived in Toledo OH, Erie PA, Fort Wayne IN, and currently the exurbs of Cleveland OH; the entire Midwest area gets maybe an aggregate of 3 months of optimal weather for MPGs a year. With good weather and driving habits I can still hit 40mpg average for several tanks each year.

Unless you're cracking 200k in mileage on a 2013 or 2014, or there is something defective with your battery, you shouldn't have to worry about replacing your battery for the life of your vehicle.

• Like 1