Obtaining a Ford Service History on a used vehicle

Hey all, I recently bought a used Sport Trac and believe it or not, the Ford Pass app let me add the vehicle even though it is 15 years old.. and it does in fact show the "generalized" service history (does not go into detail) going back to 2007. There's 40 records!

Is there a way to obtain the detailed service history of a vehicle?  Specifically I just want to know if it ever had the spark plugs changed (it is the infamous 4.6L 3V known for breaking spark plugs off in the head).  With its mileage, I'd like to change them if they are still originals.

Example of the basic info I'm seeing in the Ford Pass app:

IMG_0550.thumb.jpeg.2bc9d74325c7d90967c35ad03580b0f7.jpeg

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Hey all, I recently bought a used Sport Trac and believe it or not, the Ford Pass app let me add the vehicle even though it is 15 years old.. and it does in fact show the "generalized" service history (does not go into detail) going back to 2007. There's 40 records!

Is there a way to obtain the detailed service history of a vehicle?  Specifically I just want to know if it ever had the spark plugs changed (it is the infamous 4.6L 3V known for breaking spark plugs off in the head).  With its mileage, I'd like to change them if they are still originals.

Example of the basic info I'm seeing in the Ford Pass app:

IMG_0550.thumb.jpeg.2bc9d74325c7d90967c35ad03580b0f7.jpeg

Thanks!

Any Ford Dealer's service department can pull the service history that will show any work performed by Ford dealerships. Just give them the VIN number. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update on this: I reached out to the dealership that had provided the service and they were able to email a record of the service performed on the vehicle at their dealership.

It had a new engine installed only 17k miles ago (don't need to worry about those damn 2 piece spark plugs lol). It also has a new alternator, starter, BCM, fuel pump, ignition coils, battery and blend door actuator within the last couple of years.

Score!

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I know the 5.4 from (IIRC) '05-'08 had the two-piece plug that was notorious for becoming two plugs on removal (I actually bought the extractor tool for my brother when he changed his truck's plugs), but I didn't think that applied to the 4.6. 

5.4 only

52 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I know the 5.4 from (IIRC) '05-'08 had the two-piece plug that was notorious for becoming two plugs on removal (I actually bought the extractor tool for my brother when he changed his truck's plugs), but I didn't think that applied to the 4.6. 

My 05 Mustang GT had the two piece plugs.  Two of them broke when they were replaced. 

This was the 3 valve 4.6.

Edited by CurtisH
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CurtisH said:

My 05 Mustang GT had the two piece plugs.  Two of them broke when they were replaced. 

This was the 3 valve 4.6.

Everything I have read indicated my '07 4.6L 3 valve had the two-piece plugs.  Thanks.

Either way, I don't have to worry about it!

Edited by Anthony