F-150 Lightning Finally Arrives

rampagex7

The wait is finally over!  16 months after putting in a reservation our F-150 Lightning Lariat arrived at the dealer last week and I took delivery of it this morning.  I haven't had much time to drive it around yet and test everything out but all I can say so far is that it's an awesome truck!  Stay tuned for more updates.

I'll post some photos below.  I was initially hesitant about ordering the iced blue silver paint sight unseen but it is definitely growing on me...

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4732.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

What did you think you were driving, a Ferrari?  ???

Dude, I think it was more fun than a Ferrari!

Seriously, the feeling of all that torque at any time at any speed was exhilarating.  Just a slight stab of the throttle throws you back like you wouldn't believe.  If you haven't driven one, do it!  Make sure you put it in sport mode.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Dude, I think it was more fun than a Ferrari!

Seriously, the feeling of all that torque at any time at any speed was exhilarating.  Just a slight stab of the throttle throws you back like you wouldn't believe.  If you haven't driven one, do it!  Make sure you put it in sport mode. 

It is so true!  I was completely shocked and unprepared for how fast the F150 is!  We also purchased two 2022 Mach-E's for our company fleet recently and I would have to say that the F-150 Lightning is faster than the Mach-E (at least perceptibly) right off the line.  I took it on a brief test drive last night on the highway and I the massive torque launches you back in your seat and it got up to like 135km so fast it was scary because I was not expecting that from a 6000lb truck. 

Also the ride quality is astounding, I've ridden in other F-150's before and the Lightning blows them away!  It's like driving a cloud.  I swear the ride in the Lightning could seriously give my 2020 Aviator GT (which has air suspension) a run for its money.

11 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Congratulations rampagex7 on taking delivery of your F-150 Lightning! You are now an owner of Ford's most important new product in the 21st century. ?

Thanks rperez817!  I couldn't agree more, Ford really has a winner on their hands here with the F-150 Lightning.  It's too bad they are facing supply chain constraints and can't secure enough battery cells; if only they could scale up production fast enough to meet the incredible demand.

My company works with a lot tradespeople and contractors and I've already shown the Lightning to two electricians and a plumber and they were all just drooling over all the features like the frunk and all the pro-power outlets.  One of the electricians said he bought a Tesla Model X for his wife last year and was thinking of ordering a Cybertruck for himself but now changed his mind and is putting in a reservation for the F-150 tomorrow.

Well I think the F-150 Lightning makes a nice addition to our electric fleet.  (see below)     Just charged it up from 45% to 90% and it only cost about $5.05 worth of electricity, I don't even want to fathom what half a tank of gas would have cost to fill up a regular gas F-150....

IMG_4738.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I filled up at just under $3/gal on Sunday, and half a tank would be about 12.5 gal, so a half tank would’ve cost around $37. 

I’ve gone around 200 miles in less than half a tank (with a big percentage of it being 75-80 mph turnpike/highway), so I’m looking at somewhere around $0.185/mi in fuel costs. About how many miles are you getting out of your half charge?

On 8/30/2022 at 7:36 PM, rampagex7 said:

Well I think the F-150 Lightning makes a nice addition to our electric fleet.  (see below)     Just charged it up from 45% to 90% and it only cost about $5.05 worth of electricity, I don't even want to fathom what half a tank of gas would have cost to fill up a regular gas F-150....

IMG_4738.jpg

Half tank for me is about $50 but that takes me 350 miles.