Understanding Allocations for the Raptor

SenecaRox

Hi All,

My third Raptor order and had three questions that I'm hoping someone might know the answer.   

1)  Does a dealer know how many allocations for the 37 Performance Package are available to them, or is it just part of the normal Raptor Allocation (non-R)?

2)  Does Ford do multiple allocations throughout the MY for Raptors, or does the dealer see all their allocation when the banks opened in July?

3)  Are all Ford official Tonneau covers for the Raptor factory installed or are these done after the dealer takes possession and before delivery to you?

Thanks in advance.

46 minutes ago, SenecaRox said:

Hi All,

My third Raptor order and had three questions that I'm hoping someone might know the answer.   

1)  Does a dealer know how many allocations for the 37 Performance Package are available to them, or is it just part of the normal Raptor Allocation (non-R)?

2)  Does Ford do multiple allocations throughout the MY for Raptors, or does the dealer see all their allocation when the banks opened in July?

3)  Are all Ford official Tonneau covers for the Raptor factory installed or are these done after the dealer takes possession and before delivery to you?

Thanks in advance.

The annual allocation for specialty vehicles (Shelby, Raptor, Raptor R) is determined at the beginning of the Model Year and the Dealers earning allocation notified. The actual Raptor allocation can be granted at any time during the Model Year, with the Ford Zone Manager notifying the Dealer approximately 2-4 weeks of applicable commodity restraints prior to a Raptor order being scheduled. The Raptor allocation doesn't appear on the allocation reports and is handled internally through the Regional Scheduler and Dearborn as to what production week the Raptor will be assigned. The actual scheduling for specialty vehicles (Shelby, Raptor) is done manually.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tbone said:

It certainly doesn’t feel like a great process. I ordered my 4th Raptor in October 2021. It just went into production the week of 08/16.  It’s like monkeys throwing darts at a dart board as to who gets the allocation.  

The allocation is determined on a number of factors including previous sales history with "Share of Nation" sales for similar vehicles being a big factor. Ford has also provided extra allocation and production for certain vehicles destined for sale in particular areas or markets.  

quick questions

On 8/30/2022 at 2:38 PM, ice-capades said:

The annual allocation for specialty vehicles (Shelby, Raptor, Raptor R) is determined at the beginning of the Model Year and the Dealers earning allocation notified. The actual Raptor allocation can be granted at any time during the Model Year, with the Ford Zone Manager notifying the Dealer approximately 2-4 weeks of applicable commodity restraints prior to a Raptor order being scheduled. The Raptor allocation doesn't appear on the allocation reports and is handled internally through the Regional Scheduler and Dearborn as to what production week the Raptor will be assigned. The actual scheduling for specialty vehicles (Shelby, Raptor) is done manually.  

Very helpful one piece of clarification, to your knowledge does Ford bifuracate the 35 vs 37 allocations at determination or do they allow whatever comes through and just try to build as many 37s as they can and delay 37 they cant

On 8/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, tbone said:

It certainly doesn’t feel like a great process. I ordered my 4th Raptor in October 2021. It just went into production the week of 08/16.  It’s like monkeys throwing darts at a dart board as to who gets the allocation.  

For sure... my vote is that ford should redesign this program closer to the bronco launch (just with stronger controls) so dealers are allocated only stock orders and customers can go online and the reserve retail orders from ford first come until they run out, then have dealers around them bid for the incremental margin of being the delivery dealer (not perfect but IMO better than handing dealers the rights to a specific number of retail orders)

Edited by xlover
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, xlover said:

quick questions

Very helpful one piece of clarification, to your knowledge does Ford bifuracate the 35 vs 37 allocations at determination or do they allow whatever comes through and just try to build as many 37s as they can and delay 37 they cant

When Dealers are notified that the allocation is about to be granted and an order scheduled, the Dealer is notified of any applicable commodity restraints in effect at that time that will prevent an order from being scheduled. 

• Like 2