How Do You Like Your Transit Connect?

spywriter007

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a 2023 Transit Connect Cargo van... and convert it into a little camper.  I was wondering how people like their Transit Connects.

Have you had any problems?  What has been your impressions on its reliability?  Also do you feel that the standard engine has enough power for mountainous areas like driving in the Appalachians?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Haha 1

Had my 2022 XL Wagon for 4 months/4k miles and very happy with it. Was able to get the now deleted E85 option so I've been getting 24 MPG on less than $3/gallon fuel. Could use more torque for towing but the power is there, engine just has to rev up to deliver it. Only problem so far is a busted seat back release cable, Ford sent the wrong part and still waiting for the right one, been waiting 3 months but I figure out a workaround.

4 hours ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Had my 2022 XL Wagon for 4 months/4k miles and very happy with it. Was able to get the now deleted E85 option so I've been getting 24 MPG on less than $3/gallon fuel. Could use more torque for towing but the power is there, engine just has to rev up to deliver it. Only problem so far is a busted seat back release cable, Ford sent the wrong part and still waiting for the right one, been waiting 3 months but I figure out a workaround.

BTW, is yours equipped with a lift gate or do you have swing out doors?  Also I have heard Transit Connects have a transmission issue... is that with the previous generation?

Edited by spywriter007

• 2 weeks later...

Correct on the trans issue, you may encounter shuttering while driving. We're hoping to take of this issue on our own by having the shop performance a BG service. We're totally removing the dealership from our equation. One may have to change the front seats either raise them or change the angle of the seats which is what we're doing. Other issues include struts that didn't last beyond 2 years as we've had to replace ours after only 2 years.

One other thing that's bugged us until I was able to disable this feature was the pre-collusion warning system.. Although this can't be disabled is can be adjusted. as for the automatic braking during while the system is active, even though I've entered into the system settings and disabled the auto braking.. it still activates when least expected.

@GearheadGrrrl for a quick upgrade in the torque and horse power, add a drop in K&N air filter. Plus opt for the NGK plugs as these are designed to ignite faster and cleaner.

Edited by LostInTransit

Not sure where you're getting your information as this makes the second time you've suggested something that doesn't make sense. We've used K&N filters since their creation and have never had any issue with any sort of down stream sensor screw up. It is best that we part ways as I'm getting bad vibes from your conversations.

• 3 weeks later...

We like our little TC but it's not without it's flaws. I even could fit in it everything I need, from golf drivers like this to a bicycle. The struts went out with only 2 years on them. We've since upgraded to performance Bilstein struts and the ride has been extremely better. We're hoping to make a few minor and major improvements tot he van as we're not going in the direct most TC owners are. Our little TC is our sports car and we're going to increase this by adding a custom made sway bar and lower springs in the back. 18''s wheels and a number of interior customizations. Mind you this is our second TC and this 2020 is far better than the old 2015 we use to have. The only issues, is that we drove the van for 1 month using the eFuels which cause a check engine light only because I topped it off when you should have. The trans has a shuttering issues which all TC have. So we'll be looking at taking care of this our way. The dealership are very hard to get along with so if you locate a TC, best find a shop willing to handle any other improvements to the van. Lastly, our TC had/had 2 recalls.. one was fixed by safelite and the other hasn't bene fixed but I have the part in the van at all times. As for hills, your van has hill assist plus if the hill is too steep, down shift into manual mode like you're hauling stuff.

Edited by Alex.noon