What Does "On Hold" Mean?

bobbyd

I noticed the 'Worlds Best Selling Ford Dealer' (Bill Brown Ford/Livonia) has '48'' news 2022 Ford

Escapes as New Car Inventory...however, every Escape vehicle has 'ON HOLD' printed on it. The dealer is closed, but does anyone know what it means? No Chips....?

Bill Brown has also posted a notice about vehicle purchases:  'WHILE WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST, BILL BROWN FORD IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY OUT -OF-STATE RETAIL PURCHASES AT THIS TIME!' Wow, I never thought I'd see a dealer turning away potential buyers!

Edited by bobbyd

27 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

I noticed the 'Worlds Best Selling Ford Dealer' (Bill Brown Ford/Livonia) has '48'' news 2022 Ford

Escapes as New Car Inventory...however, every Escape vehicle has 'ON HOLD' printed on it. The dealer is closed, but does anyone know what it means? No Chips....?

Are these vehicles actually in stock or just displayed on their website yet appearing to be in stock? Are the Window Stickers for stock orders (Blue) or retail orders (Green)? The "On Hold" notice on the website may not mean anything if they're using it on every 2022 Escape. It could just be a marketing ploy to see what customer inquiries they get on those vehicles. Some could be sold retail orders and some could be vehicles with customer deposits to "Hold" them but haven't been delivered yet. Vehicles on "microchip" hold are not delivered to dealerships. However, if every vehicle is listed as "On Hold" as you stated, I'd guess that it's just Dealer BS. 

• Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to What Does "On Hold" Mean?
1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Are these vehicles actually in stock or just displayed on their website yet appearing to be in stock? Are the Window Stickers for stock orders (Blue) or retail orders (Green)? The "On Hold" notice on the website may not mean anything if they're using it on every 2022 Escape. It could just be a marketing ploy to see what customer inquiries they get on those vehicles. Some could be sold retail orders and some could be vehicles with customer deposits to "Hold" them but haven't been delivered yet. Vehicles on "microchip" hold are not delivered to dealerships. However, if every vehicle is listed as "On Hold" as you stated, I'd guess that it's just Dealer BS. 

I just noticed the Escape Units are showing ON LOT/ON HOLD! The window stickers are Green..with many noting 'Special Order' on the sticker. All released to 'convoy' with various dates...most dated July thru mid August ! 

51 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

I just noticed the Escape Units are showing ON LOT/ON HOLD! The window stickers are Green..with many noting 'Special Order' on the sticker. All released to 'convoy' with various dates...most dated July thru mid August ! 

Retail factory orders are issued green Window Stickers to identify them as sold units. All green, retail Window Stickers will have the "Special Order" status displayed. The "Convoy" shipping method and dates are basically irrelevant once the vehicle has been delivered to the dealership. Stock orders are issued the standard blue Window Stickers. 

• Like 1

It means BBF is listing them but they're not available as someone has them on hold.  Generally retail orders with customers waiting on them, as noted.

Contact them directly if you're looking for available inventory, the online inventories are rarely reliable anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, j2sys said:

It means BBF is listing them but they're not available as someone has them on hold.  Generally retail orders with customers waiting on them, as noted.

Contact them directly if you're looking for available inventory, the online inventories are rarely reliable anyway.

I always appreciate the information and how quickly my questions are answered on this

forum.Thanks ! BTW...I'm awaiting delivery of my 2022 Escape ...I was told it should be delivered this week. I put $200 down, since my dealer has no inventory

• Like 1