Paint quality

Kory04

I've had my 2022 for almost 11 months now. I like the truck, but I am questioning the paint and finish quality.  It seems like everything sticks to it, and it is very difficult to wash off. I usually wash my vehicles by hand, and you really have to scrub hard to get the truck clean.   Also, there are many little rust spots all over the surface that I can't get off. 

Has anyone else observed these problems?  My wife has a 2022 Camry and you can almost wash the car by simply rinsing it off

Hey Kory04;  as our Honorable akirby said its likely iron spots that can be removed with any brand of Iron Remover.  I had my truck Ceramic Coated and it cleans easier than my 2015/2012/2003/1999 superdutys ever did.  Paint and finish quality not a strong suit with any modern vehicle IMO.  My new Audi I ceramic coated,  took like 6 hours. You have to Iron-ex it,  buff with fine compound, clay bar, then prep spray for the ceramic coating.  Its well worth it but we have lots of paint to work on.   Rob

My 2022 King F350 with the 7.3 Godzilla.  Born July 23,2021,  got it Aug 12, 2021.  Love it,  best so far!!!!!

DSC05090.JPG

1 hour ago, buckstop515 said:

I used hybred solutions ceramic coat within days of getting my truck. The finish is as good as Ive ever seen. There is also a hybred solutions ceramic detailer. Both are easy to use. I applied a 2nd coat after 6 months but it didnt really need it. The finish feels as soft as a mink coat. 

Is that a Turtle Wax product?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckstop515 said:

I used hybred solutions ceramic coat within days of getting my truck. The finish is as good as Ive ever seen. There is also a hybred solutions ceramic detailer. Both are easy to use. I applied a 2nd coat after 6 months but it didnt really need it. The finish feels as soft as a mink coat. 

Very nice buckstop515! I used those same Hybrid Solutions products for my family's vehicles and am very impressed at how easy to use and effective they are.

50 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Is that a Turtle Wax product?

That's correct Black Label!

809dc7bb-9501-44f4-a254-f6e96fbc3f36_600

3932bad1-a612-4fef-87e2-36ecc4b23965_600

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Very nice buckstop515! I used those same Hybrid Solutions products for my family's vehicles and am very impressed at how easy to use and effective they are.

That's correct Black Label!

809dc7bb-9501-44f4-a254-f6e96fbc3f36_600

3932bad1-a612-4fef-87e2-36ecc4b23965_600

Okay, thanks! And, that is two, and you and I have chatted here in the past, positive reviews. I git my Navigator on April 22. I have yet to clay bar it or anything. I'll have to check out this product and get to clay barring. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. I have heard of ceramic, and I'll probably end up doing it, but I have never had a vehicle that was so seemingly impossible to wash.

Our Camry has not been ceramic coated either, and nothing sticks to it.  Water will bead up in huge beads and slide right off.  I guess my point here is that Toyota seems to have done a much better job in the paint department.  On my truck, i have even noticed the paint is thin on the front of the hood inside the super duty letters, and you can sort of see through it to the primer underneath.  I will definitely check out the products mentioned above.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, Kory04 said:

Thank you all for the replies. I have heard of ceramic, and I'll probably end up doing it, but I have never had a vehicle that was so seemingly impossible to wash.

Our Camry has not been ceramic coated either, and nothing sticks to it.  Water will bead up in huge beads and slide right off.  I guess my point here is that Toyota seems to have done a much better job in the paint department.  On my truck, i have even noticed the paint is thin on the front of the hood inside the super duty letters, and you can sort of see through it to the primer underneath.  I will definitely check out the products mentioned above.  

Is it possible that your Camry had a paint protection put on prior to your purchase? A lot of dealers automatically install paint protection and charge  as a dealer add whether you want it or not.

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Is it possible that your Camry had a paint protection put on prior to your purchase? A lot of dealers automatically install paint protection and charge  as a dealer add whether you want it or not.

Many Toyotas do have that but ours does not. It was not on the window sticker, and we did not pay the dealer for it either. 

• 3 weeks later...

You need to ck with the dealer they should wash it with a special solution that is made to clean & remove the rail dust before you start trying those other products You should be able to feel a smooth finish when you picked up the truck. It's worth cking into or asking them to wash it first before you do anything to the paint to protect yourself. I bought a 2018 f-150 & it did the same thing until I asked why. They said let us wash it 1 more time & see if that makes a difference plus mine was covered in white plastic because it was the 1st 1 on top of the transport truck. It came out great no problems from there.