Replace Seat-back Molle system with slim subwoofer?

tsonneborn

I'm sure some people see the seat-back molle system on some trim levels (BD, BL, etc.) as a great feature, but I'm not a huge fan. I don't actually HAVE a Bronco at all in my possession (yet), but I'm planning ahead on what to modify when I get it (Black Diamond, 4 door). I've obviously seen lots of complaints online about the audio quality, and while I'm not up for spending thousands and thousands on a killer sound system, I'm up for spending a few hundred bucks on small/easy audio upgrades. I've already watched the videos on swapping out the 4" speakers for better ones, adding bass-blockers, and using Forscan to improve things a bit, which seems like a good start. I'll see how well those ideas work for me, but if I want still-better sound than that, I was trying to figure out where I could put/hide some bigger speakers to improve a bit more. I often DO use/want lots of cargo space, so I hate to limit the back/cargo area in any way. I also don't like the idea of further limiting visibility by adding a soundbar in the back like some people do. Long story short - I'm curious if I remove the molle system on the back of the front seats, whether that would be a spot I could mount a couple of inexpensive, slim "under-seat" subwoofers. I haven't done much of anything ever with car audio systems, so I'm a rookie, but looking on Amazon, I see some amplified under-seat subwoofers that get decent reviews for pretty cheap money ($100 - $125) that are less than 3" thick. I'm wondering if anyone has taken off the molle system, and if so, how much space/depth that consumes. I'd gladly lose those panels if it gained me better audio. I'd rather put the something there than UNDER the seats because they're better protected from snow/rain/water/dirt/feet if they're up a little higher. Am I nuts, or a genius? As a rookie, I'm betting "nuts"... but I figured it was worth asking.