2024 Mustang Info

Locked the other thread and started a new one with just Mustang info.

Appears that the 5.0L V8 in the new Mustang will have a 12:1 compression ratio going on by social media posts, but this might be a non-change-it was dropped last year and increased again for the 2024?

Mustang likely to get new Google infotainment system-was supposed to be in the Lighting and Mach E, but Sync 4 doesn't use the same hardware

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2024-ford-mustang-will-likely-debut-new-google-infotainment-system/

More news as we get closer to the 14th.

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Thanks 2

With the official reveal 2 days away, here are a couple Hemmings articles about "The Drive Home to the Mustang Stampede" event from Washington State to Detroit. Participating in this event is S650 Project Manager Martin Mosakowski. 

The Drive Home returns with each iteration of the Ford Mustang | Hemmings

More Mustangs join The Drive Home as it wends its way toward Detroit | Hemmings

the-drive-home-2022.jpg?id=31634886

drive-home-2022.jpg?id=31531797

1 hour ago, akirby said:

If you can call this a Ferrari then I don’t see the problem with calling Mach-e a Mustang.

48D8E34E-934C-4F49-9B8F-DF9AA5CE944F.jpeg

Is that any different than the Ferrari FF?  Maybe it has the ground clearance of a normal car???

For the record, I have zero problem calling the MachE a mustang.  The teased logo looked like a horse with a collar or harness around it/resting behind the head on the shoulders for pulling.  This made me think of a pick up.  I'm not a horse person so there is probably a different name for what I'm thinking.

Edited by Havelock
Completing thought
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Havelock said:

For the record, I have zero problem calling the MachE a mustang.  The teased logo looked like a horse with a collar or harness around it/resting behind the head on the shoulders for pulling.  This made me think of a pick up. 

That's a logical thought Havelock. Ford may consider expanding the Mustang nameplate into a true sub-brand toward the end of the S650's lifetime as the company goes all electric. There's a possibility that a pickup or ute type vehicle is part of that future sub-brand. The logo would be a good fit for such a vehicle.