2024 Mustang Info

34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Cue the bitching about it already-people are slogging off about the interior looking like a 1986 Mustang, except for that large display in the middle of it :rolleyes: 

I will be the first one!  That interior is god awful!!!! No imagination in the styling, very generic.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Broncofan7 said:

GT making 500 HP?! That's great!

While it doesn't look like a complete redesign, it looks like a good car.

Did a nice job on the back end, the front looks update at least. Interior is nice but can tell this really is just an update of the current model with hard points staying the same.

Edited by jasonj80

58 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I like it but for some reason the grey Mustang (assuming GT) reminds me of a camaro in that shot.

Cue the bitching about it already-people are slogging off about the interior looking like a 1986 Mustang, except for that large display in the middle of it :rolleyes: 

I was thinking that grey one looked like a dodge in the front and Camaro in the rear.

I like the interior. Like others have said, the exterior looks like a refresh instead of a new model. 

Edited by T-dubz

35 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Did a nice job on the back end, the front looks update at least. Interior is nice but can tell this really is just an update of the current model with hard points staying the same.

I think that the rear looks a bit simpler (if that's a good word), but think it looks a lot better. I think the interior looks very nice and modern. Overall, great update.

Edited by Broncofan7
  • Like 1

Boring.  Looks too much like the current model while somehow the front...maybe mostly the hood...looks like a charger.  The headlights look like a 3-pack of flash cubes.

This is why I hate the idea of designing mustangs based off the 60s mustangs.  After a while, it just gets boring and predictable.  I have the same issue with 911s even if I can't buy one.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but saw it on the cars subredit apparently this was on themustangsource.com and then taken down

The S650 Ford Mustang can still be had with V8 power and a manual, but features some seriously modern tech.

We’ve been waiting what seems like forever to see the all-new, S650 Ford Mustang in the flesh, an elongated period of time that’s been filled with rumors, speculation, and leaks. Now, the seventh-generation pony car’s time has finally arrived, and there’s a lot to dissect here, as the S650 Ford Mustang represents a natural evolution of the S550, albeit with fresh styling, a totally new interior, more power, and some seriously cool tech toys.

On the outside, the new car has been treated to some edgier, more modern styling that still screams “Mustang,” with some heritage-inspired features such as the upper grille design, which hearkens back to the 1960s models. Familiar elements like tri-bar headlights and taillights and a long hood with a short rear deck remain, while both EcoBoost and GT models receive their own unique styling features to help differentiate the lineup.

A grand total of 11 exterior color options are available, along with new stripe colors and designs, three different Brembo brake caliper colors, and a range of new 17-, 19-, and 20-inch wheel designs. The new Mustang Design Series allows owners to further customize their rides, while both EcoBoost and GT models are available with an optional Performance Pack.

Meanwhile, the interior of the S650 Ford Mustang has been treated to some radical changes that aim to make it look and feel like the cockpit of a fighter jet, with a 12.4-inch instrument cluster and 13.2-inch infotainment screen that are based on the same Unreal Engine 3D creation tool as modern-day video games. Both screens can be optionally configured to flow together behind a single piece of glass for a truly futuristic look, to boot.

Those cool features continue with the addition of Remote Rev, which allows owners to rev the engine remotely using the key fob, as well as a new Electronic Drift Brake that makes it easy to get sideways. Owners will likely want to do that a lot, as the new Mustang GT will reportedly feature the most powerful N/A version of Ford’s 5.0-liter Coyote V8 to date – the fourth-generation unit, which utilizes dual throttle bodies and a dual air intake box, though the automaker isn’t talking numbers just yet.

The GT will still continue to be offered with a six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission, and the 2.3-liter EcoBoost I-4 will still serve as the base engine for the new pony car. As for availability, the S650 is set to go on sale in the U.S. next summer, though pricing won’t be announced until we get closer to launch. However, at least for now, the big news here is the Mustang will live on for at least one more generation in its current form, which is fantastic news for pony car fans everywhere.

There’s a close up of the grille on mustang7g and it shows what appears to be around a 2-3” stretch of plastic that lines the bottom half of the upper grille. Seems a bit strange. Would look better without that I think. They have a better shot of the rear and it looks much better then the red convertible pic.

Edited by T-dubz