2024 Mustang Info

Lol dark horse looks just like the other mustangs. Coulda tried to make it look a bit more different. I guess that’s why dark horse didn’t win the name of the black appearance package.

the crowd has seemed underwhelmed the whole presentation.

Edited by T-dubz

I'm eager to see it in person, but after the leaks and official reveal, I'm underwhelmed. We knew it was a refreshed S550, but there's too little differentiation for me. Dark Horse has no heritage, and for a 59-year legacy with so many historic nameplates to choose from, why create a new one? Since they highlighted the Tremec for the Dark Horse only, that implies to me that the regular GTs will be stuck with the MT-82 again. And of course, no mention of pricing yet.

I'll wait and see how they evolve the line as this generation advances, but at the outset...I'll be keeping my '07 GT500 quite a few years longer.

Who was the bright spark that looked at Mustang 2 and thought we need another one of those? 

The front end, the side glasshouse, the rear fastback... Lots of Mustang 2 influence, but why on gods green earth would you take influence from that abomination? 

I mean, this isn't hideous or anything, but the current gen is tougher, meaner... 

Can't say I "love it", reminds me of the New Edge Mustang back in late 90s, I feel the front end is overworked. Like someone from Kia was a designer.  Its like, what they tell women when they get dressed up for a gala... "Look in the mirror, and just take ONE thing off"...cause most of the time, it's one or 2 things, TOO much.... Thats what I feel about the front. But lets hope this gives them a boost, I think this is the last "horray" before the MachE starts selling more than their gas counterparts.

40 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

Dark Horse has no heritage, and for a 59-year legacy with so many historic nameplates to choose from, why create a new one?

38 minutes ago, justins said:

I mean, this isn't hideous or anything, but the current gen is tougher, meaner... 

I think it boils down to that you can't just keep recycling the past and need to do something different. Sometimes too much heritage isn't a good thing and they need to appeal to buyers who didn't grow up around the 1st and 2nd Gen Mustangs like most people over the age of 40 have. The buyer who would be getting this would be have the Fox Mustang as their 1st or 2nd Gen Mustang. 

I'm not a huge fan of the current car (like the pre-facelift better) but I think the 2024 hit the right amount of not being too tough looking and nor too generic looking, but I tend to gravate to shapely cars (I hate the new edge mustang but love the SN95 Styling)

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 2

After watching the live reveal I actually like it.

I wish they didn’t let the massive screen dictate the design of the dashboard as it looks a bit generic now without the heritage cues.  But otherwise the overall design of the car seems like a decent reskin. 

I think it will look better in person, much like pretty much every previous Mustang update. 

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

I wish there was more "new", less weight, more HP and AWD... But this is an "end of life" generation that don't even sell 100K a year. Otherwise I like...

Styling: The Mustang has grown up and isn't a punk kid anymore, and should look the part. This Mustang has all the overhead cams, IRS, aluminum castings, and tech you'd expect in a Euro GT car for a fraction of the price, and there's clearly some Aston Martin inspiration in the styling. 

Performance: I was underwhelmed too, until they talked racing and capped it with Bill Ford's promise to return to LeMans. So while the hardware now is just a few more tweaks on the current Mustang's, Ford will do whatever it takes to win LeMans and match the performance of any other automaker's fastest... 

Legacy: The IC Mustang isn't going out without one helluva fight!

23 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I wish they didn’t let the massive screen dictate the design of the dashboard as it looks a bit generic now without the heritage cues.  But otherwise the overall design of the car seems like a decent reskin. 

You don't see the 1986 (almost 40 years ago now! LOL) cues in the vents? 

I'm not sure how they could have done the IP and kept the dual cockpit look of the past with a large screen. Having large vertical screen in-between the two "pods" wouldn't have cut it and I don't think would have worked with the current hardpoints under the dash. 

Initial thoughts: I like it but I don't love it. Maybe I'll like it more in person, I'll know on Monday as I plan on spending a good chunk of the day at NAIAS. To be fair, it took a while for S550 to grow on me too. 

Dark horse gives me serious Dodge Charger vibes. 

Not a fan of the touchscreen stapled to the dash (as I've stated numerous times over the years) but I appreciate the clear nod to the Fox interior. 

500 horsepower coyote from the factory! 

No much detail on the EcoBoost. Seems odd to me. 

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

500 horsepower coyote from the factory! 

Who had the quote from an old user here that insisted we'd only ever see 412hp from the Coyote? ?

EDIT: It's in deanh's signature, and the old user was Sizzler. Good times!

Edited by MadManMoon

I actually like that GT better than the darkhorse. The  GT’s wheels are 10x better imo. Maybe it’s the color too. Really liking that Area 51 or whatever it’s called on the mustang. I think the non metallic hides some of the body lines and makes it look better.

overall I think it’s marginally better then the current mustang. I like the headlights but they seem a little too flat. They need to have a bit more angle to them. I’m a fan of big screens so I like the interior. I’ve been saying ever since lcd dashes came out years ago that ford should offer heritage inspired clusters that are either preloaded or that users can download. Ford at least brought back fox body gauges, but it would be cool to have some of the clusters from the past, like the digital clusters from the 80’s, or some of the early 60’s models.

85cougar-lsdash.jpg4b3a1706531d92bd90d1487d5e9ed1ab.jpg