2024 Mustang Info

Looks like the headlight shape is not the only thing inspired by the 2015 Mustang, I noticed that even the hood shape with its taller power bulge resembles the one on the '15 Mustang. The 2018 hood has a lower profile inspired by the Shelby GT350.
2024-Ford-Mutang-exterior-design-00008.j
2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-red-at-NAIAS-2014.j

Edited by AM222

The differences from the last gen S550 are substantial.

It’s evolutionary yes, but much like the 10-14  S197 hugely elevated the 05-09’s design (in the vast majority of the Mustang community’s opinion at least) this car has done the same for the 18-23 S550, IMO.  

• Like 2

Good article from Ezra Dyer at Car and Driver about S650 Mustang, Mach-E, the future of Mustang, and what the "Mustang" name really means. Mustang Is a Vibe (caranddriver.com)

The name "Mustang" is an attitude, not a format. We can argue about whether a given car lives up to the idea of a Mustang, but how it gets there is going to change. Maybe the 2024 Mustang will be the last one that shares its basic setup with the 1964 original. Maybe it won't. But eventually, the Mustang as we know it will die. The idea, though, will live on—fast, fun, and a little bit juvenile. In whatever form it takes.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Hugh said:

Does the IP have a HUD option? I can't help looking at the back of it and the centre console thinking that's got to be a pain to keep clean. Overall though, I like it. 

I would be surprised if it does.  They had it on the Escape and now dropped it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Lower models don't have the two screens connected.  Kind of a weird thing to do (and uggo).

twitter_FctA48WWYAI_QOY.thumb.jpg.fad4987387f670c0abde02b24a1ab4fe.jpg

After further review, the interior is starting to grow on me except for the screen setup.  I hate screens that are not integrated into the dash.  Would really like this if they would integrate them into the dash. Would love to see gauge binnacles in front of the gauge screen.  This trend with screens  "stuck on"  seems lazy design to me...

Edited by danglin
Typo

30 minutes ago, danglin said:

After further review, the interior is starting to grow on me except for the screen setup.  I hate screens that are not integrated into the dash.  Would really like this if they would integrate them into the dash. Would love to see gauge binnacles in front of the gauge screen.  This trend with screens  "stuck on"  seems lazy design to me...

I thought the same thing but after owning our 22 Nautilus for a few months I’m a convert.  The ergonomics far outweigh the looks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought the same thing but after owning our 22 Nautilus for a few months I’m a convert.  The ergonomics far outweigh the looks.

Does your Nautilus's screen have a slight tilt to it or is it 100 percent vertical? That was my biggest complaint about the screen in the Escape. I really wanted it to be tilted 10-20 degrees 

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Does your Nautilus's screen have a slight tilt to it or is it 100 percent vertical? That was my biggest complaint about the screen in the Escape. I really wanted it to be tilted 10-20 degrees 

100% vertical and parallel to the dash.  I love it.