2024 Mustang Info

29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ecoboost Mustang to lose manual transmission

only 10% of buyers went for a manual. 

I guess this means no more Ecoboost HO either, although they might boost the HP since it’s mentioned they revised the base 2.3. Regardless, if they need to cut these costs to ensure the V8 models get more attention so be it! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

I guess this means no more Ecoboost HO either, although they might boost the HP since it’s mentioned they revised the base 2.3. Regardless, if they need to cut these costs to ensure the V8 models get more attention so be it! 

I personally felt the HPP should have been standard but hey.

7 hours ago, Anthony said:

Lower models don't have the two screens connected.  Kind of a weird thing to do (and uggo).

twitter_FctA48WWYAI_QOY.thumb.jpg.fad4987387f670c0abde02b24a1ab4fe.jpg

Eh, that looks like a designer sketch/rendering (notice the signature in the bottom left), not necessarily a image of the final product.....the screens in that image look the same size as the connected one, so there'd really be no point to having two separate options - one connected, one not, with the same size screens anyway.

I think this was just a close to finalized rendering and they decided to make some small changes like connected screens and a more traditional "pull style" e-brake vs. the switch version also seen here next to the cupholders.

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Does your Nautilus's screen have a slight tilt to it or is it 100 percent vertical? That was my biggest complaint about the screen in the Escape. I really wanted it to be tilted 10-20 degrees 

I typically prefer screens with a slight "recline" tilt to them so they're angled a bit toward the roof of the car.

Actually the interior screen is the biggest item I love on it.  I like center consoles canted towards the driver.  Think, 90's Probe, Tbird, Mark8. It wasn't till the end of the decade center consoles became more centered, to allow passenger to press, touch, change, etc. This one has a touch towards the driver side which I like.  I dont need my passenger know whats going on, or have control of things.  I miss my Mark8 center console. It was for me, NOT them !

Interesting that Ford choose Mustang as the first US model to adopt the new wall-o-screen design that is already the standard in China.

I do wonder what this mean for RHD Mustang since the screen is not flat as @ANTAUS pointed out... it is canted/curved towards the driver so RHD Mustang probably needs its own unique screen. I wonder if there is enough volume to justify it...

31 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Curb weights listed on page two of the attached. 

2024-mustang-technical-specifications.pdf

Thanks ice-capades! Here's a comparison between curb weights listed for 2024 Mustang compared to current generation Mustang (model year 2022)

image.png.a98b8c2693ae216b6bac0fd2e7b840c1.png

The 2022 data is from the attached document. Either Ford didn't do any optimization of the chassis for S650, or simply used the S550 curb weights in the 2024 Mustang specifications document. Or maybe both.

2022-Mustang-Tech-Specs.pdf

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Thanks ice-capades! Here's a comparison between curb weights listed for 2024 Mustang compared to current generation Mustang (model year 2022)

image.png.a98b8c2693ae216b6bac0fd2e7b840c1.png

The 2022 data is from the attached document. Either Ford didn't do any optimization of the chassis for S650, or simply used the S550 curb weights in the 2024 Mustang specifications document. Or maybe both.

2022-Mustang-Tech-Specs.pdf

Or it's the same car with a different skin

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Interesting that Ford choose Mustang as the first US model to adopt the new wall-o-screen design that is already the standard in China.

I do wonder what this mean for RHD Mustang since the screen is not flat as @ANTAUS pointed out... it is canted/curved towards the driver so RHD Mustang probably needs its own unique screen. I wonder if there is enough volume to justify it...

They could honestly probably just flip the same unit upside down and move it to the other side, and have it programmed to display right side up.

id think the problem would lie more with the rest of the dash/center stack being angled to the driver, vs flat/symmetrical 

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Eh, that looks like a designer sketch/rendering (notice the signature in the bottom left), not necessarily a image of the final product.....the screens in that image look the same size as the connected one, so there'd really be no point to having two separate options - one connected, one not, with the same size screens anyway.

I think this was just a close to finalized rendering and they decided to make some small changes like connected screens and a more traditional "pull style" e-brake vs. the switch version also seen here next to the cupholders.

I have not looked any further, but I believe you are right. I may have jumped the gun on that (well, the person I copied it from that tweeted it jumped the gun perhaps ?)

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, justins said:

Who was the bright spark that looked at Mustang 2 and thought we need another one of those? 

The front end, the side glasshouse, the rear fastback... Lots of Mustang 2 influence, but why on gods green earth would you take influence from that abomination? 

I mean, this isn't hideous or anything, but the current gen is tougher, meaner... 

I don't see a single design element that looks like it was inspired by the mustang two. What are you on lol? Give me two. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 8:37 PM, ANTAUS said:

Actually the interior screen is the biggest item I love on it.  I like center consoles canted towards the driver.  Think, 90's Probe, Tbird, Mark8. It wasn't till the end of the decade center consoles became more centered, to allow passenger to press, touch, change, etc. This one has a touch towards the driver side which I like.  I dont need my passenger know whats going on, or have control of things.  I miss my Mark8 center console. It was for me, NOT them !

The design trend goes back to 1969/70 Ford full size cars, LTD, Galaxie, etc...

image.thumb.png.8d9b128634822f88705ae9f4d9cbb596.png

image.thumb.png.a2ccec44e1c47ce8d4de2b4ddbbda964.png

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1