2023 Lincoln Corsair Gets Baby Aviator Looks, Hands-Free Lane Changing

1 hour ago, RedHoncho01 said:

Does anyone know when the dealer order guide for 2023 model year will be available on this forum?  The last model year shown on the tab is 2022.

The 2023 Lincoln Corsair Order Guides (U.S. & Canada) have been uploaded and are now available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t like the bigger grille at first but it’s grown on me, pun intended lol.

not sure how I feel about the removal of hard switches, but I guess if it keeps a dedicated bar for those on the bottom of the screen, that’s ok.  Better than having to tab over to the climate menu every time just to change the temperature or fan setting.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I really do get the feeling that Ford wants Lincoln to fail in the US market. Sad there isn’t anyone in Dearborn fighting for Lincoln in the NA market. 

The time is right for a renaissance at Lincoln as it transitions to a 100% electric vehicle lineup in NA. Earlier this year, Reuters reported that between now and 2026, Lincoln will introduce 5 new BEV SUV and crossover models for North America. Hopefully that is still on track. If that plan fails, Lincoln will be dead in NA.  EXCLUSIVE Ford’s Lincoln brand to launch full slate of electric SUVs by 2026 -sources | Reuters

They are definitely making nice cars, we love the 2017 mkc we have. But they won't be aspirational or relevant without some wild flagship product. I doubt I would know the brand existed or care if I wasn't a Ford nut that owned a 64 continental. They need something like that new $300k caddy. Not necessarily expensive just to be expensive, but something that sets them apart from being a very, very nice Ford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainp4 said:

They need something like that new $300k caddy. Not necessarily expensive just to be expensive, but something that sets them apart from being a very, very nice Ford.

That's exactly what Lincoln needs to elevate the brand, you summed it up perfectly Captainp4. Maybe they're working on a production version of the Star Concept vehicle that debuted this spring?

29 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

That's exactly what Lincoln needs to elevate the brand, you summed it up perfectly Captainp4. Maybe they're working on a production version of the Star Concept vehicle that debuted this spring?

It's cool looking cgi I guess, just have seen so many REALLY cool concepts from Lincoln over the years that never went anywhere. I'm still mad about the MKR ? and a more reasonable actually doable option of the suicide doors on the last gen continental that cut down to aftermarket 100 units or whatever it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captainp4 said:

They are definitely making nice cars, we love the 2017 mkc we have. But they won't be aspirational or relevant without some wild flagship product. I doubt I would know the brand existed or care if I wasn't a Ford nut that owned a 64 continental. They need something like that new $300k caddy. Not necessarily expensive just to be expensive, but something that sets them apart from being a very, very nice Ford.

Having seen the Zepher in person on the roads around here, that would spark interest in the brand. Give some unique classy style. It is a beautiful vehicle and doesn’t look like anything else. It also looks very expensive.

I’ve also seen the new Corsair and it doesn’t look anything like the Chinese version, if you’re a car person you notice that there has been a change to the nose. Back is untouched.

I can see Ford management being just wait, just wait. Don’t do too much our current customers won’t like it. They spent extra money to make a Corsair version that is boring for the US market. Worse they’ll dumb down the concept style to appeal to a 85 year old farmers wife buyer from Tribune Kansas. 

I've seen plenty of new Lincolns in the New Orleans area since the new showroom opened. Judging by their social media page, they seem to be attracting younger, more affluent clientele.

I'm not sure what else Lincoln could build in a such SUV dominant marketplace. Perhaps another go at a luxury truck?

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Lincoln brand has been on the chopping block several times. It exists primarily at the insistence and commitment of the Ford family as a matter of pride. A contributing factor to Lincoln's continued presence is its sales in China. 

Lincoln is a much more respected brand in China than in any of its other markets. If jasonj80's impression that "Ford wants Lincoln to fail in the US market" is true nowadays, even the Ford family's commitment to the brand won't be enough to save it in that market long term. The success of Lincoln's product onslaught of 5 new BEV SUV in NA by 2026, and ultimately its transition to an all-electric vehicle lineup will make or break Lincoln outside China.

• Like 1

The current crop of Lincoln’s are great, but they’re now in “product lull” stage for another year or two minimum which isn’t good.  It’s a shame that the Chinese market gets far more thorough updates more often than it’s home market.

I understand it’s sort of a catch 22….sales aren’t gangbusters in the US, which means hesitation to invest in bigger refreshes, but conversely, are the lack of bigger refreshes keeping sales from pushing higher?

I saw the new Corsair over the weekend at the auto show, and since it was a local dealer-supplied set of models, they had the current Corsair next to the new one, and I highly doubt most people even noticed the difference.

• 2 months later...