2023 Lincoln Corsair Gets Baby Aviator Looks, Hands-Free Lane Changing

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

It's a shame we couldn't have gotten this more thorough update for our Corsair refresh.

Yeah, this is really nice. Add the nautilus’ headlights and it would be even better. 

The big screen on the nautilus is 48” total, but made up of two 24” screens, neither of which are touch. I’m wondering what the corsairs screen will be like. I’m guessing it’s made up of a 12” non touch screen for the gauges and then possibly a touch version of one of the 24” screens for the rest. Or three 12” screens with only the middle being touch.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:13 PM, joseodiaga4 said:

Wow I love the new tail on that esp, too bad we didn’t get it. Maybe later? Hopefully the Aviator will adapt this look for 2024, but Lincoln does have a habit of doing zilch to their tails when they do mid cycle updates (2022 Navigator is only exception I can think of!) 

15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah, this is really nice. Add the nautilus’ headlights and it would be even better. 

The big screen on the nautilus is 48” total, but made up of two 24” screens, neither of which are touch. I’m wondering what the corsairs screen will be like. I’m guessing it’s made up of a 12” non touch screen for the gauges and then possibly a touch version of one of the 24” screens for the rest. Or three 12” screens with only the middle being touch.

The new 2024 Nautilus actually has 3 screens. Two are the information screens that stretch across the entire dash. They are not meant to be touched. While driving I doubt you could even reach them. The third is a big input (and info) screen in the usual location that you use to control features of the car and to set up what is displayed on the info screens. The left half of the left top screen is for the usual driver information: speed, fuel, tach and such. It is so high and close to the windshield that no head-up display is needed. The right half of the left top screen you'll probably want to use for navigation. The left part of the right screen (I think it is broken into three sections for display purposes) you'll most likely want to set up for displaying audio. The other two portions, well as I understand it there are still a number of options for display. Clock, weather, etc. Honestly, it really is a nice set-up that answers well the question of recent years: how do I position the screen so that it is high enough to safely view while driving, while still being something that a driver can easily and safely reach? I expect we'll start to see in other Lincolns.

Edited by Gurgeh

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Probably the same 12.3" screen + 27" touchscreen layout used by the Chinese Ford Mondeo/Evos crossover and Lincoln Zephyr.
2021-ford-evos-cn.jpg

lincoln-zephyr-live-photo.jpg
-Motor1

Edited by AM222

Interesting thought - if they're already importing this from China, hasn't that opened the proverbial floodgates for that - i.e. what's stopping them from importing Zephyr?  Don't offer a base trim/keep it to higher series trims/options and let it sell what it sells?

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Interesting thought - if they're already importing this from China, hasn't that opened the proverbial floodgates for that - i.e. what's stopping them from importing Zephyr?  Don't offer a base trim/keep it to higher series trims/options and let it sell what it sells?

That was my thought as well.  Given the high tech dash and hybrid powertrains I think it would do ok albeit at lower volumes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

That was my thought as well.  Given the high tech dash and hybrid powertrains I think it would do ok albeit at lower volumes.

Even if you "only" sell 1,000 per month (I'd have to take a look at my charts, but IIRC, MKZ got up to the 3k range at times, but sales would be lower with higher prices), you'd still be increasing the brand's overall sales anywhere from 10-17% (depending on volume of other models) with an additional model.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Even if you "only" sell 1,000 per month (I'd have to take a look at my charts, but IIRC, MKZ got up to the 3k range at times, but sales would be lower with higher prices), you'd still be increasing the brand's overall sales anywhere from 10-17% (depending on volume of other models) with an additional model.

It’d probably do better than the mkz. There was nothing differentiating the mkz from the competition, but this screen really makes the zephyr stand out.

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

It’d probably do better than the mkz. There was nothing differentiating the mkz from the competition, but this screen really makes the zephyr stand out.

Well don’t forget the MKZ had the worlds only fully retractable glass roof! It really was an amazing feature with the largest opening of its kind. Too bad the Zephyr didn’t continue with it. It seemed to sell well.

IMG_0154.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Perhaps.

But I think it'd basically be a requirement to limit it to higher series trims like I proposed in order to keep ATPs high and justify the cost of export.  Remember, the argument was that they were priced as commodities, making investment hard to justify.  You'll get economies of scale with Chinese production on a shared platform, but some of that will be eaten up by export costs and federalizing the design if it wasn't intended for US consumption. 

Raised entry prices would likely limit sales, even with "stand out" features, as you won't have the lower prices that get some in/out the door.  I'd love to be wrong and see its features overcome that higher price, but it's also more prudent to be more realistic with expectations, rather than projecting the moon.

Import Zephyr as Lincoln's single "large midsize" sedan, and add a large sleek BEV tweener "crossover" Continental as a halo model.  I say sleek tweener to mean something that blurs the line between sedan and crossover, with a more liftback type setup - sort of like the Celestiq, but riding a bit higher.

I think Lincoln is *so* close to starting to catch on more......Covid and the production issues have hampered that timeline.....but they need to keep pushing products to the market, and have thorough updates - would've been nice for us to have gotten that Chinese Corsair refresh.

Edited by rmc523

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

on march 6 Lincoln will launch a Corsair Hybrid and a Zephyr Hybrid.

The Corsair gets a 1.5l hybrid and the Zephyr gets the 2.0l hybrid. 

image.thumb.png.704c3c0330c82bf99dffab2e8948f1d4.png

I wish they did something more with the Zephyrs C pillar-its screaming fusion/Mondeo to me. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I wish they did something more with the Zephyrs C pillar-its screaming fusion/Mondeo to me. 

At least they have another Lincoln product to sell.  

On 3/4/2024 at 6:45 AM, silvrsvt said:

I can't unsee it now that you said it. Pretty good looking, sophisticated, sleek, modern design and then a Ford sitting on top of it.

Chinese press review says the Zephyr hybrid's 0-60 time is under 6 sec. If imported to the US, I'm betting it will get another 20~30 hp boost and may reach ~5.5 sec 0-60 level which is kinda impressive for a 4 cylinder.