2023 Ford Super Duty Reveal Event

CharlieKelley

It looks like the 2023 Ford Super Duty will be an "all new" model that will be revealed at the Texas Auto Show, which is held from September 30-October 23 this year.  That's not very specific on timing of the Super Duty unveiling, but at least it's something.

For me, who's waiting on order banks to open to put in for a 2023 model, the good news is that it's "all new."  Here's hoping that that its actually got some updated features (interior) and not just "all new" paint color options.

image.thumb.png.187d211be688de724f78a1b087618c54.png 

https://texasautoshow.bigtex.com/fords-2020-lineup-in-the-virtual-automobile-building-truck-zone/

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, road turtle said:

I've seen some not very revealing spy shots.  Claiming an all new sheet metal.  Quite frankly, I couldn't immediately see a difference, minus some minor changes.

It's going to share a lot of cab structures with F-150 like it does now. Sheet metal will probably have some differences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the promotional video posted about the reveal event, it looks like they got rid of the plastic filler plates behind the door handles.  I like that, and if that color is indeed abyss gray, I may have to see about ordering a 2023.  I love my white 2022 f250, but loved the abyss gray on the f150s when it was offered. I wish I could have gotten it on a superduty

43 minutes ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

Not particularly a fan of the steps and wish they were optional. I also don’t have much hope for the Supercab Lariat configuration surviving which will probably keep me in my 22 for a lil longer than usual.

I'm short.  Those steps are amazing.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Mechanicly, it's pretty underwhelming- we get a few refinements and nothing revolutionary, in fact the pushrod gas engines are a devolutionary step. The big news is the software upgrades- The ability to route by vehicle size and lock out dangerous mistakes has applications far beyond light duty trucks.

Correct on all counts GearheadGrrrl. The devolutionary direction associated with 2023 F-Series SD engines in particular and mechanicals generally is aligned to Ford's strategy for its Blue division, which is characterized by a relentless focus on cost cutting as the business unit is eventually wound down. At the same time, what you and fuzzymoomoo mentioned about the software in the new truck is also aligned to Ford's strategy, in this case for the Pro business unit. High value software and services are the highlights of Ford Pro and 2023 F-Series SD is a great example of Ford applying that.

The big news of course will be the all-electric Lightning versions of F-Series SD coming in the future. Too bad no announcements were made regarding that during the reveal event. But I'm optimistic Ford will have details about that product line within the next year.

Edited by rperez817

Observations

Killed all fender flares even on the Tremor (like 21+ F150) 

Is HO diesel only 350+? (Like Ram)

What rear end w 6.8L? 

No more 2wd, so no more 2wd valance I guess. 

No pics of BAP, or Lariat sport. All black one is stx I believe.

Will camera on top of tailgate survive tough environments? 

But watching the video it's saying for 23 the 7.3 will get a bump in horse power and tq now that the 6.8 is nipping on its heels..  I'm guessing it will probably go up to 440 and 485 ish....maybe.

Just like every new truck There are things I like and things I don't.

I don't love it enough to go out and trade the 22 in.

Now...is the 7.3 hits the 475 500tq (which is highly unlikely....)then I will be placing an order if used resale values are high enough to make me happy.

• Like 1